- Currently seeking candidates who would like to work the weekend, mornings or afternoons available.
Washtenaw Community College (WCC) is establishing a pool of qualified candidates to be considered when a Part time Custodian – Support Staff II is needed. Needs may become available prior to or during each semester. Upon successful submission of your application, you will be considered for future part time opportunities on a per fiscal year basis. WCC will keep your application on file as a prospective candidate until the posting’s closing date. If a need arises for a Part time Custodian – Support Staff II position for which you are qualified, you will be contacted.
WCC tuition waiver available at hire!! You would be eligible for a WCC tuition waiver of 3 credit hours per semester upon hire. Must remain employed for the entire semester in order for tuition waiver to be applied.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and maintain hard floors surfaces (resilient tile, quarry tile, concrete, and wood) by performing such tasks as sweep, dust mop, scrub, strip, refinish, spray buff and high speed polish.
- Clean and maintain carpets by performing such tasks as vacuum, remove stains, spray clean, extract, and apply carpet protector.
- Clean, disinfect and stock rest rooms and locker rooms.
- Collect and remove trash, recyclable materials and hazardous waste materials in accordance with specified procedures.
- Dust and clean walls, doors, windows, interior and exterior glass, drinking fountains, and other horizontal and vertical above floor surfaces.
- Clean chalkboards, white boards, and erasers as well as stock classrooms with chalk, markers, and erasers daily.
- Clean building entranceways of trash and other debris that may accumulate at the entranceways.
- Report any damage and needed repairs to college property.
- Plan, implement and maintain records for projects and major cleaning tasks.
- Maintain custodial supply inventory and equipment maintenance in accordance with specified procedures.
- Perform furniture set-up arrangements for campus wide internal and external customer events in various buildings throughout campus as directed.
- Regular attendance on campus is required for this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position will not exceed 20 hours per week with varying hours based on need. The position will be evaluated for annual renewal each June for the next fiscal year.
Demonstrated ability to lift and transport fifty (50) pounds and climb ladders.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Equivalent of one (1) year full time successful related work experience.
- Ability to obtain and possess a valid aerial lift certification within 90 days of employment.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
- Demonstrated ability to read and write and follow basic operating instructions, and perform basic mathematics computations.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and maintain floor machines; scrubbers, vacuums and other custodial equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use technical software appropriate to area of assignment, including work order software, emails, internet, and other college programs.
- Capable of accepting supervision and promptly carrying out instructions.
- Previous knowledge of cleaning techniques and operation of custodial equipment.
- While working, employees are expected to interact with clients, co-workers, and management in a positive, supportive, and cooperative way.
- Continuous work experience in custodial field.