- In person coverage preferred with potential remote in the future.**
Under pharmacist supervision, supports the pharmacy department in one or more of the following areas: inventory, preparation, distribution, compounding, processing of medications and supplies, specialty medications, and medication histories. Assists with all functions required for medication processing including answering telephones, taking refill orders, entering orders into system, preparing the medication for pharmacist check, preparing medications for disbursement/shipment/delivery. Key job duties may consist of handling supplies, stocking prepackaged items, maintaining inventory, delivering supplies, maintaining records, distributing supplies. May assist in bulk compounding and preparation of I.V. solutions. Works with pharmacy staff to minimize the potential for medication errors.
High School Diploma or GED required.
- Requires Indiana Pharmacy Tech-In Training OR Indiana Pharmacy Technician License OR intern/extern license if enrolled in accredited college of pharmacy.
- Requires Pharmacy Technician National Certification within one year of hire unless enrolled in accredited college of pharmacy.
- Requires the absence of criminal history related to the ability to work with drugs.
- Requires strong mathematical calculation skills.
- Requires ability to learn basic pharmacy technician skills in assigned areas and work under close supervision or under clearly defined procedures.
- Requires ability to learn effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires ability to learn and execute customer service skills.
- Requires basic proficiency typing and using Microsoft Office applications.
Safeguarding our patients and each other is an important part of how we deliver the best care possible to the communities we serve. As a condition of employment, IU Health requires all new hires to receive various vaccinations, including the influenza and COVID-19 vaccines, barring an approved exemption. New hires will also be provided the option to submit proof of previous vaccination.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.