The Office of the Inspector General (Office) is seeking candidates who are passionate about enhancing public confidence in government, ensuring accountability, and promoting the best interests of the people of the Commonwealth in the use of public funds and property. We value our employees and offer benefits that support their lives and well-being, while promoting an environment focused on inclusion, flexibility, professional growth, trust and respect.
Working in a collaborative and inclusive team environment, the successful candidate will be an integral part of the Pandemic Funding Oversight Unit which is responsible for coordinating and supporting the Office’s effort to provide oversight of federal funds received by Massachusetts public entities in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Assisting the Pandemic Funding Oversight Unit in reviewing the expenditure of federal funds by Massachusetts public entities and related monitoring plans.
- Performing research and reviews of government programs and operations.
- Writing research memoranda, public reports, letters and other documents.
- Analyzing legislation to identify potential fraud, waste and abuse and drafting legislative recommendations.
Key abilities, skills and experience:
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent research and writing ability.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, understand and explain complex issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Other valued abilities, skills and experience include:
- Demonstrated ability to review and analyze risks of fraud, waste and abuse and recommend controls.
- Knowledge of federal, state or local government agency operations.
- Bilingual abilities.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in political science, public administration, law or related field.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume via email or by mail by February 8, 2023 to:
Mary Beth Farrelly, Chief Financial Officer
Office of the Inspector General
One Ashburton Place, Room 1311
Boston, MA 02108
Please Note: Because we value the health and safety of our employees, all Office employees (absent an approved medical or religious accommodation) must be fully vaccinated, including a booster, against COVID-19. Before their first day of work, the successful candidate will need to provide proof of full vaccination (two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine plus a booster dose of either or one dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine plus a booster dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) or a request for a reasonable accommodation based on a valid medical or religious reason.
Mary Beth Farrelly
The Office of the Inspector General is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. The Office does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. The Office promotes access, inclusion and diversity for all staff, believing that these qualities are foundational components of an outstanding working environment and in keeping with its mission. The Office actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce and is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality.