Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a higher education community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country and one of the largest in the state of Georgia offering more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. Our university’s vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. We are growing and searching for talented people to join our mission!
Postdoctoral Researchers support teams of KSU faculty and students (undergraduate and graduate students), which engage with external collaborators from other universities, community members, government agencies, and/or private sector entities to stimulate innovation, capacity-building, and sustainability of research and scholarly activity at KSU.
This position is considered limited-term staff since it utilizes contingent funding. Employment thereafter will be conditional based on the continued availability of funding.
1. Plans and executes experimental activities, data analyses, submission of reports or of manuscripts to peer-reviewed publications, and/or attendance and presentation of research findings at appropriate venues of dissemination
2. Develops and contributes to new ideas for research proposals and directions within the research group
3. Develops an Individual Development Plan (IDP) in collaboration with the faculty mentor
4. Generates revenue by securing grants and participates in departmental and institutional career development programs, such as grant writing workshops
5. Prepares project budget and ensures funded project operates within budget guidelines
6. Maintains official records and documents, and ensures compliance with institutional policies, and federal, state, and local regulations
7. Establishes working relationships and cooperative arrangements with internal and external partners
8. Engages in research and publication
DEPARTMENT-SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts research regarding modeling and optimization of smart transportation systems
2. With mentoring: (a) develops mathematical and simulation models, (b) presents and publishes research papers, (c) leads and mentors graduates and undergraduate students
3. Assists in the development of grant proposals
Ph.D. from an accredited institution of higher education
Minimum Experience Required:
DEPARTMENT-SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES*:
• Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or other STEM field preferred; other majors considered if applicable to research
• Advanced knowledge of Mathematical Modeling and Optimization
• Experience of coding in MATLAB and Mathematica
• Advanced knowledge of Traffic Flow Theory and Control, preferred
• Experience in Machine Learning, and specifically Neural Networks, preferred
• Experience in grant-writing
• Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills for developing and coordinating research projects
• Proficient in manuscript design and drafting with minimal guidance required, as demonstrated by a record of lead-author publications
• Possess leadership skills and patience necessary to lead a team of student assistants
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
KSU is an equal-opportunity employer.