You’ll be challenged and rewarded. Improve our customers’ packaging performance and efficiency every day. Help build the future of packaging automation. We’re proud of that and hope you will be too.
Do we have your attention? Keep reading.
Federal Manufacturing is seeking a talented Project Manager to join their team. The Project Manager is responsible for providing direction to a multi-discipline team to build machinery to customer specifications, managing the project from purchase order to installation, on time and on budget.
Does this work interest you?
- Assume ownership of overall project performance from inception through start-up.
- Act as primary customer interface/contact. Manage customer contact, communication and relationships after order is handed off by sales. Work with customers to finalize and communicate machine specifications. During the course of the project, provide constant communication between customer and plant on changes to specifications, creating change orders and price adjustments as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the sales department to ensure designs satisfy customer operating requirements through application of mechanical and electrical knowledge of machinery principles and materials and manufacturing methods.
- Develops and prepares plans, budgets, and oversees the documentation of all aspects of the specific filling machinery projects where broad use of independent judgement and highly technical skills are required. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Interface with Manufacturing, Engineering, and Materials Management to ensure machinery designs meet project timeliness for on time delivery.
- Communicate with various internal departments to conduct machinery adherence to scope.
- Track projects against schedules and budgets as well as against phase review objectives to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget, reporting status to supervisor on a regular basis and to the production team on a weekly basis. This includes developing and implementing corrective measures for off-schedule and unanticipated eventualities.
- Serves as a technical resource for customers and Field Service Technicians to address and resolve inquires and problems, especially, during machine installation and start-up in customer plant.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Explore opportunities to add value to project outcome.
- Travel to customer sites at times for onsite project evaluations and installations.
What’s in it for you?
There’s no monopoly on good ideas or limits to how far you can advance with our team. We offer an open, communicative environment that fosters individual initiative. We pride ourselves in being a company where people choose to build a career and find professional happiness.
In addition to growth opportunities, as a ProMach employee, you receive more than just a paycheck. Total compensation includes your salary, comprehensive medical/dental and well-being programs, as well as life insurance, a generous paid time off program, and a retirement savings plan with a company match. And because we understand the importance of feeling protected, there is no waiting period for benefits — you are eligible on your first day of employment!
If this sounds like you, we want to connect!
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology (BSME or BSMET), or similar engineering or technical degree from an accredited four-year college or university required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) desired, not required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management in a design-to-build environment, preferably in the packaging, food processing or automation industries
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplined project team: engineering, quality control, procurement, manufacturing, cost estimating, delivery/billing, and configuration management.
- Effective change management, problem solving, and communication skills (both oral and written).
- General knowledge of manufacturing processes, techniques, practices.
- Experience using AutoCAD.
- Able to define a problem, gather data to draw conclusions. and develop appropriate plans to address. Able to analyze and determine schedule priorities and how they relate to the engineering department as well as manufacturing and assembly
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization abilities.
- Relevant experience working with a Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) system.
- Proficient in business and project management software (MS Office, MS Project Professional, MS SharePoint).
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 25% to 30% of time; international customers will require off-normal hour interface.
- Bottle filling or capping equipment experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to successfully handle a multi-tasked role
Pro Mach, Inc.
We have been named to the Inc. 5,000 list of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. seven times. We continue to introduce innovative products, enter new markets, expand our global presence, and actively acquire new capabilities.
We have the rewards, opportunities, and the market strengths of a large organization combined with the entrepreneurial culture of a small, fast-paced company. You will enjoy the benefits of working with a growing company that competes globally with the personal touch and feel of a smaller company where you can make an impact every day.
Curious about life at ProMach? Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram!
More career opportunities to consider!
Pro Mach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pro Mach uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility of all new hires to work in the United States. Pro Mach is a drug-free workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.