YOUR LIFE’S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we’re looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members’ and their families’ lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
- WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
- Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
- Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- Defines, develops and executes project plans, including scope definition, expectations, activities, cost estimates, and schedules
- Works with the business group to determine and understand business requirements
- Manages projects from concept through the planning, analysis, design, testing, implementation, and transition phases
- Develops clear and concise “big picture” of projects within Navy Federal organizational goals
- Directs and leads Project Teams by developing and coordinating work plans, schedules, milestones, deliverables, and training
- Manages project budgets including risk and impact of changes to project plans
- Identifies and minimizes project risks or constraints that would impact project deliverables
- Identifies, communicates, and resolves branch/division/department areas of concern, or cross-organizational that may impede or impact other projects/initiatives
- Maintains/archives project documentation
- Ensures project deliverables are met in accordance with customers’ expectations
- Sets, manages, and communicates client expectations for the project
- Oversees project progress to ensure project documentation and schedules are in compliance with previously agreed requirements and standards
- Identifies, escalates and/or resolves issues associated with project(s) ensuring deliverables conform to established quality and schedules
- Monitors and controls risks to ensure timelines are met and project goals are attained
- Facilitates project team and client meetings for the resolution of project issues
- Provides project status reports to management
- Ensures success of projects by working closely with Procurement regarding vendor contracts
- Works closely with Procurement to clearly define and understand contracts, including language, scope, pre- and post-award, contract closure, basic legal aspects, and risk management
- Serves as primary point of contact for project management and related issues.
- Secures resources and ensures optimum utilization of those resources, meeting budgetary requirements
- Allocates project team assignments to ensure accountability, establishes a team environment, manages personnel changes, and executes the training plan
- Manages, executes, and communicates project plan, changes, direction, approach, and priorities based on changing business requirements, circumstances, new information and/or budget considerations to stakeholders
- Establishes team objectives and assignments, reviews work products, and provides timely feedback to staff regarding performance; may provide input to team members’ performance appraisals
- Promotes team building and skills development of project team members
- Participates in developing, modifying and executing department policies, standards, and processes
- Provides guidance on issues having department and/or organization-wide impact
- Works on complex issues requiring in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives and competing priorities
- Solves highly technical and complex problems
- Negotiates with or influences division/department management to facilitate project resolution within timelines and budget constraints
- Manages relationships with vendors, participates in contact negotiations, oversees contract quality assurance, budget, and cost mechanisms
- Develop and maintain templates used to execute projects within the ACE Framework
- Develop and maintain a repository for all project-related communications including work products, tracking logs, and reporting tools to communicate status and deliverables in WorkFront
- Train Project Managers going through the ACE Program on the Agile Methodology and ACE Playbook
- Provide ongoing support of ACE pods in the business who have completed the prescribed training and apprenticeship
- Ensure projects adhere to ACE framework and standards and meet customer requirements
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, or experience
- Extensive project management experience overseeing multiple, large complex projects
- Advanced knowledge of project lifecycles, project management methodologies, and business requirements analysis
- Demonstrated skill directing and controlling project activities of a broad functional area
- Expertise developing and managing relationships across business units and the organization
- Extensive experience in leading, guiding, and mentoring others in a constantly changing and challenging environment
- Strong understanding of contact and their impact on projects
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skill in producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
- Proficiency with PCs and related software applications (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and project management applications)
- PMP Certification (or commensurate experience managing corporate-wide projects)
- Working knowledge of project management tools (e.g., WorkFront, ADO etc.) used within ACE to manage intakes and projects
- Working knowledge of Agile and SDLC project methodology
- Effective skill to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Advanced Degree in Business, Management, Economics, Finance, or related field
- Knowledge of Navy Federal’s, or other financial institutions’, operations
- Working knowledge of Navy Federal’s Project Portfolio Management (PPM) standards
- Extensive experience managing multi-disciplinary project lifecycles for financial institutions
- Experience in Product Management
- Agile Scrum Certification
- PMP Certification
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Location: Greater Pensacola Operations – 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee’s leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $85,500.00 – $119,700.00 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 01/24/23
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.