YOUR LIFE’S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we’re looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members’ and their families’ lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
- WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
- Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
- Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
- Manage full lifecycle project management for multiple, moderately complex projects
o Establish and lead project teams
o Develop project plan/scope/schedule/cost/communications
o Procure and/or manage resources/timelines/deadlines/quality
o Risk, Issue and Change management
o Ensure successful project implementation
- Develop specifications for preparing requests for proposals, bid packages, and cost estimates; solicit proposals from contractors and conduct contractor competence, and ability to work within Navy Federal’s security guidelines. Summarize bid packages based on cost, quality & availability
- Consult with architects, contractors, engineers, government agencies and Navy Federal staff concerning most facility issues ranging from building system design to telecommunication infrastructure
- Manage performance and provide quality assurance for outsourced services
- Design and develop site layout drawings and create interior design plans
- Manage approvals and permits through project completion and operation
- Manage relationships with vendors, including contract definition, monitoring and issue resolution
- Partner with General Counsel and Procurement to secure General Contractors, Architects, Engineering firms and other services and hard goods for capital projects
- Work closely with Procurement and senior Development Managers to clearly define and understand contracts, including language, scope, pre- and post-award, contract closure, basic legal aspects, and risk management
- Evaluate and resolve moderately complex construction and environmental requirements/issues, provide information on those issues to architects, contractors, government agencies and field operations
- Evaluate design, construction, and repair work based on accuracy, quality of workmanship and adherence to established plans, time schedules, codes, related laws and regulations, and collect information and inspect completed work/delivered products
- Assist in preparing and presenting strategic reviews of project status to departmental leadership.
- Identify and communicate branch/division/department areas of concern, or cross-organizational that may impede or impact other projects/initiatives
- Build relationships with management and key stakeholders
- Interact effectively with managers and division/department management concerning projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Property Management, Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, Construction, Construction Management or the equivalent combination of training, education and experience
- Project management experience in real estate, commercial construction, facility management, system development and/or interior design that provides a working knowledge of industry practices including familiarity with building codes and regulations and understanding of building trades (e.g., electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.)
- Experience in identifying safety hazards including correcting and eliminating them
- Significant experience in managing projects involving directing/facilitating the work of contractors and subcontractors
- Significant experience in working and participating in cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects
- Working knowledge of practices, procedures, and policies involved in the care of public buildings and grounds
- Working knowledge of regulations and procedures governing the procurement of services and contracts
- Effective skill in dealing tactfully and diplomatically with all levels of Navy Federal workforce and management, as well as DOD and civilian personnel
- Effective skill interpreting schedules, sketches, layouts and blueprints
- Basic skill in using and interpreting ADA, building codes, regulations, specifications/architectural drawings, etc.
- Advanced planning, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Advanced interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience in presenting findings and conclusions clearly and concisely to stakeholders and management
- Experience in leading, guiding, and mentoring others
- Proficiency with PCs and related software applications (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and project management applications)
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Drive Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Drive Winchester, VA 22602 | 295 Bendix Road Suite 250 Virginia Beach, VA 23452 | 9999 Willow Creek Road San Diego, CA 92131 | Remote
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee’s leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $76, 900 – $107, 500 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.