- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 01/11/2023
- Closing Date: 01/24/2023
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / DHS Central Office MMA
- Division/Unit: Health Care Administration / Medicare Payments and Provider Services
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day shift, 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Days of Work: Monday – Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $27.30 – $39.54 / hourly; $57,002 – $82,559 / annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 216 – Middle Management Association/MMA
- FLSA Status: Exempt – Executive
- Telework Eligible: Yes
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities: Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
- Telework (Within Minnesota or Neighboring States) Option Is Available.
This individual will provide expertise in current Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) eligibility policies, billing procedures and program policies, technical process for billing submissions, authorization processes and covered services to be able to represent Medicaid Payments and Provider Services (MPPS) and MHCP in all planning and implementation processes.
This person will be responsible for supervising and directing the delivery of provider MHCP policies, training and consultation to internal resource center team members, as well as external staff regarding MHCP eligibility, authorization, billing, and covered services policies and procedures. This person will act as a primary resource and provide day-to-day assistance in the operations of the Provider Resource Center’s design and implementation.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Supervise and provide leadership for the overall administrative operations across current Minnesota Health Care Programs to envision systems, training needs, policy and procedural changes having the potential to improve internal operations of the Provider Resource Center as well as the Medicaid Payments and Provider Services (MPPS) Division. Supervise a team of Call Center Representatives and the work of the group. Set goals and account for team performance and productivity.
- Provide supervision, expertise and discretion regarding the staff, services, functions and decisions of the Minnesota Health Care Programs Provider Resource Center. In collaboration with other Queue Supervisors manage the Provider Resource Center’s scheduling, resource management, evaluation, and planning activities. As a supervisory team, continually monitor and adjust daily priorities, set goals, and address staffing coverage issues.
- Supervise the Provider Resource Center’s scope of functions, daily activities, and use of resources. Serve as and represent, Minnesota Health Care Programs at various internal and external stakeholder meetings, as well as department policy committee meeting in order to recommend appropriate action in the areas of project funding, stipulations and program administration related to the Minnesota Health Care Programs Provider Resource Center.
- Manage Provider Resource Center relations with DHS business partners and its external clientele. Function as a member of the Medicaid Payments and Provider Services Division’s management team; take part in its activities and decisions.
Demonstrated leadership experience*
- Leadership experience can include:
- Experience as a supervisor, lead worker, team lead, project lead;
- Completion of a State of Minnesota leadership program (e.g. ELI, L4);
- A paid/unpaid position leading a program or chairing a committee (e.g. ERG) – experience must include:
- 1+ year of experience identifying issues, goals and strategic actions
- 100+ hours per year time commitment
Two (2) years professional experience
Four (4) years advanced technical/paraprofessional experience.
Experience demonstrating the following:
- Experience with policy and the federal and state laws and regulations governing Medicaid, MN Care, MNsure or Qualified Health Plans and policies, providers, provider eligibility, provider payments, clientele, application processes, eligibility criteria and enrollment operations.
- Understanding and knowledge of Health Care legislation including the Affordable care Act and Medicaid, MN Care or Qualified Health Plans.
- Experience monitoring and analyzing complex data.
- Experience working with health plan carrier relations.
- Ability to work with staff at all levels within and outside the organization.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher degree in health care administration, public policy, business administration, public health, human services, social science or related field can substitute for one (1) year of job related experience***
- Extensive knowledge of the Minnesota Health Care Programs and the Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) system functionality and its many interfaces.
- Experience with union contracts.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience handling multiple priorities in an efficient and effective manner.
- Experience working with health care program policy and health care programs.
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and concisely.
- Creatively problem-solve and recommend best practice solutions to meet business needs.
- Variety of experiences working effectively with others from different backgrounds and cultures.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS – The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
How To Apply
Select “Apply for Job” at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Frank Bonsante at email@example.com
To receive consideration as a Connect 700 Program applicant, apply online, email the Job ID#, the Working Title and your valid Proof of Eligibility Certificate by the closing date to Kelly Ellich at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services’ ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 or DHS_ADA@state.mn.us for assistance.
Why Work for Us
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE! The Minnesota Department of Human Services impacts the lives of 1.7 million people every year, helping them meet their basic needs so they can achieve their highest potential.
We are committed to continually developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our state and the populations we serve. The varied experiences and perspectives of employees strengthen the work we do together and our ability to best serve the people of Minnesota.
A recent engagement survey of State of Minnesota employees found:
- 95% of employees understand how their work helps achieve their agency’s mission
- 91% of employees feel trusted to do their jobs
- 88% of employees feel equipped to look at situations from other cultural perspectives when doing their job
- 87% of employees report flexibility in their work schedule
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee, your benefits may include:
- Public pension plan
- Training and professional development
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays each year
- Paid parental leave
- Low-cost medical and dental coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision coverage
- Wellness programs and resources
- Employer paid life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Health care spending and savings accounts
- Dependent care spending account
- Tax-deferred compensation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Programs, resources and benefits eligibility varies based on type of employment, agency, funding availability, union/collective bargaining agreement, location, and length of service with the State of Minnesota.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minnesota state agencies are equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employers. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com and indicate what assistance is needed.