The Public Area Attendant is responsible for cleaning guest units and public areas as assigned in a comprehensive and systematic manner, insuring the highest level of cleanliness and product presentation to the guest. Clean and maintain all daily assigned public areas and report all damage, mechanical deficiencies, suspicious activities or theft in accordance with all housekeeping procedures and standards and safety and security rules and regulations to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Clean assigned areas in the prescribed manner while following safety & security procedures.
Maintain cleanliness and organization of public area furniture and fixtures. Inspecting for tears, rips, and stains according to SSI (standards, specifications, and inventories).
- Clean and polish furniture & lamps inspecting working condition.
- Dust pictures, frames, and mirrors to remove dust, dirt & smudges. Do same for baseboards, doors & doorframes
- Use designated chemicals, supplies & equipment to clean surfaces of soil & dirt.
- Remove debris from designated public areas including emptying garbage containers, ash urns & trays, if applicable.
- Remove and empty trash of public areas and Back of House office areas.
- Maintain clean elevators and remove debris from elevator tracks.
- Clean public and house phones. Ensure all telephones are clean & working.
- Maintain the foyer to ensure a clean appearance throughout the day.
- Collect glassware left in public areas and put on service landing trays.
- Maintain public and associate restrooms ensuring sinks, mirrors & bathroom stalls are at the highest standard of cleanliness & all garbage is properly disposed of.
- Replace facial and toilet tissue, hand towels and soap in designated areas.
- Restock supplies and other needed items in designated public and storage areas according to par levels.
- Receive keys and communication devices, if applicable, from security at the beginning of each shift. Return keys and communication devices to security at the end of each shift.
- Confirm daily assignments with Supervisor. Communicate throughout the shift as needed and check out with Supervisor before the end of shift.
- Respond to guest requests & report any guest concerns to Management
- Report any missing items, damage or mechanical problems to the Supervisor.
- Turn in articles left in public areas to Security
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to read, write & speak basic English.
- Able to understand & apply basic mathematical skills.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two- step instructions.
- Able to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variation.