9/30/2022 (8:00 PM EDT)
Purchasing Agent I
$38,066.16 – $56,394.00
EXECUTIVE BRANCH | FULL TIME | ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME PAY | NON-CHAPTER | 37.5 HR/WK
General Government Cabinet | Department of Military Affairs
100 Minuteman Parkway SEOC Building Frankfort KY 40601 USA
With purchasing power comes great purchasing responsibility!
The Division of Emergency Management is hiring a Purchasing Agent I that:
- Oversees and provides technical assistance to purchasing officers in the procurement of goods and non- professional services.
- Assists with the establishment of personal service contracts for professional services to include the request for proposal, competitive negotiation, and award processes and/or complex requisitions for technical non-professional services that exceed the assigned Small Purchase Authority for approval by the Finance & Administration Cabinet;
- Assists with the evaluation and negotiation processes of proposals;
- Monitors purchases made for conformance with the Model Procurement Code (KRS 45A).
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as KYEM lead on creating and reviewing all contracting and procurement activities to ensure compliance with state and federal laws, regulations, policies, grant agreements, and procedures;
- Serves on contract evaluation teams. Serves as small purchase authority, using procurement card for KYEM procurements under the small purchase authority;
- Reviews and monitors reports from eMARS;
- Creates BGPDRs to ensure funds are used properly;
- Reviews, studies, analyzes, and proposes changes to agency procedures to ensure state and local compliance with existing and emerging Codes of Federal Regulations, and grant agreements so as to not jeopardize projected receipts;
- Provides technical supervision of agency staff who are responsible for the receipt and disbursement of budgeted agency funds;
- Monitors recipient achievement and budget performance in relationship to federal awards and state budgets;
- Reviews all agency travel expenditures to ensure compliance with state regulations, agency policies, and grant allow-ability;
- Provides technical support to boards and commissions attached to KY Emergency Management regarding budget capacity, allow-ability of expenditures, and projections of future needs including the review and pre-auditing of KYEM documents;
- Supports the State Emergency Operations Center during activations.
EDUCATION: Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: Four years of purchasing experience.
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: NONE
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: Experience in purchasing will substitute for the required college on a year for-year basis. Certification with the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing as a Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) will substitute for one year of the college requirement OR certification as a Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) will substitute for two years of the college requirement.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): NONE
Incumbents working in this job title perform duties in an office setting.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Crystal Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-607-1541.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D