COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate
Sandia demonstrates its commitment to public safety in the national interest by requiring that all new hires be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious accommodation before commencing employment. The requirement also applies to those who are telecommuting and working virtually.
Any concerns about the ability to meet this requirement should be directed to HR Solutions at (505) 284-4700.
$99,700 – $196,100 *Salary range is estimated, and actual salary will be determined after consideration of the selected candidate¿s experience and qualifications, and application of any approved geographic salary differential.
What Your Job Will Be Like
We are seeking a motivated and experienced R&D Systems Engineering to join our innovative team!
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Use Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and work in an Agile environment.
- Provide Modeling and Simulation analysis of current models and validate models with real world systems
- Review data standards and ensure current simulations are aligned within the standards
- Provide systems engineering support for the design and creation of new simulations
- Have the ability to travel to customer locations if needed
Due to the nature of the work, the selected applicant must be able to work onsite.
Qualifications We Require
- Master’s Degree in relevant STEM field, plus two (2) years’ of directly related experience ; OR bachelor’s degree in a relevant field plus six (6) years’ of related experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOE Q-level security clearance
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience in some of the following:
- Spacecraft, satellite, or airborne technologies and/or operations
- Modeling and simulation
- Signal/image processing and analysis
- C++, Python, or Java for developing analysis software
- System performance analysis
- Proven ability to work well in diverse, multidisciplinary engineering team
- Creative technical thinking, as well as analytical, research, and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability in mentoring, guiding, and collaborating with peers
- Strong interpersonal skills, including effective leadership, and collaboration
About Our Team
Advanced Systems Analytics has a history of satellite ground systems designs and uses that for the design of new systems.
We also support modeling and simulation efforts of satellite flight and ground systems.
We also extend the life of current and legacy systems by virtualizing these systems and re- hosting them on new electronic hardware
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
- Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
Job ID: 684315