How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/ywvc2aajby January 24, 2023 at midnight EST to be considered.
ALERT: YOU MUST APPLY ON OUR SITE, NOT INDEED, TO BE CONSIDERED.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 240+ reviews.
New Higher Salary: $50,357 – $88,125 plus $2,000 signing bonus!
We are looking for a Real Property Agent to join our Division 2 Right of Way team in Pitt county.
In this role you will:
- Manage the acquisition of Rights of Way for Highway Construction such as: Contacting owners of right of way to be acquired,
Explaining our plans,
Describing rights of way to be acquired,
Making monetary offers based on appraisals and damages, and
Explaining how our appraisal offer amount was determined.
- Prepare deeds and easement agreements for the acquisition of rights of way on highway projects and secondary roads.
- Complete necessary courthouse research to determine owners and existing rights of way.
- Handle relocation assistance for a highway project by assisting displaced residential and business displacees in moving and relocating off the proposed right of way.
- Assist in moving personal property including signs, billboards, and other items associated with the clearing of the project.
- Assist individuals in locating, purchasing and or renting replacement property along with any other real property duties assigned by the Right of Way management team.
What You Bring
- Experience composing written communication effectively with different audiences.
- Experience managing multiple priorities within specified time requirements.
- A successful team player with skills to perform work-related task/duties independently or with limited supervision.
- Experience reading and interpreting design documents, legal documents, business documents, or construction plans.
- Customer service skills to deal with the public daily, advise owners of their rights, and how they will be affected by roadway construction projects.
- Knowledge of the requirement of federal & state regulations regarding the Uniform Relocation Act, and highway right of way and construction plans, including cross-sections, typical sections of profiles.
- Ability to prepare legal instruments of conveyance describing areas of right of way to be acquired.
- Ability to interpret and convey to the public the requirement of federal, state, and local laws and regulations concerning the acquisition of highway rights of way.
- You may be required to work nights and weekends.
- You must become a Notary Public from the NC Secretary of State’s office within 2 months of hire and maintain the title throughout employment.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Real Estate, or a related field (e.g., civil/structural engineering, architecture), and
- 2+ years of relevant experience in general real estate; or
- High School/GED diploma, and
- 7+ years of relevant experience in general real estate; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Rhonda Taylor at 252-439-2846.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,357.00 – $88,125.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Did you see that you MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/ywvc2aaj to be considered?
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Real Property: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location