State Hospital South (SHS) is seeking Registered Nurses (RN) who are caring, loving, and have a passion for helping others. SHS is in beautiful Southeast Idaho, an area best known for Oregon Trail and Native American history, amazing fly fishing, towering mountain peaks with abundant wildlife and awe inspiring geological sites.
State Hospital South in Blackfoot provides psychiatric inpatient treatment and skilled nursing care for Idaho’s adult citizens with the most serious and persistent mental illnesses. The hospital works in partnership with families and communities to enable clients to return to community living. State Hospital South includes 110 psychiatric adult beds and 42 skilled nursing beds. It also maintains a statewide program to restore the competency of criminal justice patients. The 42 skilled nursing beds in the Syringa Chalet Nursing Facility offer services to consumers with a history of behavioral or psychiatric illness.
BEST RETIREMENT AVAILABLE IN THE NATION
We have one of the Nation’s best state retirement systems (PERSI) that offers a lifetime benefit.
- excellent medical, dental and vision insurance-employee only coverage for PPO $65/month for medical and vision & $11.00/month for dental
- generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- 11 paid holidays a year
- paid parental leave
- multiple savings plans, optional 401K, and optional 457
- basic life insurance for employee and family
- employee covered at one times annual salary
- spouse covered at $10,000
- child covered at $5,000
- wellness programs
- ongoing training opportunities
- an opportunity for student loan forgiveness
- and more!
Our generous benefits package increases the total compensation of a full-time (benefits eligible) Registered Nurse making $31.00/hour to an estimated $43.68/hour.
This announcement may be used to fill full-time, part-time, and temporary positions. Employees are eligible for benefits if they are working 20 or more hours per week and the term of employment is to exceed five continuous months.
Applications will be good for 90 days. If you are interested in this position after 90 days, you must reapply.
This is an ongoing announcement which means at the time applicants apply, we may or may not have an opening. Those applicants that take and pass the exam to show they meet the minimum qualifications will be placed on the eligibility list. When a position becomes available, a hiring/referred list will be created from the qualified applicants on the eligibility list. A hiring supervisor will then directly contact those applicants they wish to interview.
The Idaho Department of Health & Welfare is a drug-free workplace. Any applicant offered employment in this position, will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test. In addition, the applicant will be required to complete and pass a criminal history background investigation after a conditional offer of employment.
Example of Duties
Incumbents carry out charge RN responsibilities in addition to skilled nursing.
- Nursing areas of specialty include psychiatric, chemical dependency, forensic, developmentally disabled, dual diagnosis, home health, public health.
Performs professional nursing that may include:
- Client assessment
- Care plan development
- Health education
- Clinical activities
- Case management
- Direct nursing services
- Charge nurse responsibilities
You must possess all the minimum qualifications listed below to pass the exam for this position. Click on the Questions tab associated with this announcement for the details regarding minimum qualification requirements. The Supplemental Questions on the application are the exam questions. Please make sure your resume supports your answers. Failure to do this may result in not passing the exam and disqualify you from being considered for this position.
- Licensed as a Professional or Registered Nurse in Idaho as defined by Idaho Code 54-1408 or state licensure as a Registered Nurse pursuant to the Nurse Licensure Compact, Idaho Code 54-1418, in one of the following compact states: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin or Wyoming.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $31.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location