Research Technician Part Time- Pharmacology
Hiring Salary: $17.00 Hourly
THIS IS A GRANT-FUNDED, PART-TIME POSITION (20 HOURS PER WEEK)
JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, this position investigates and validates heat shock factor HSF1-BDNF axis in CNS in response to acute and chronic stress conditions. This position also conducts research experiments and analyzes/presents data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs research in the study of heat shock factor HSF1 regulation of neuroprotection from gene to behavior.
- Conducts tissue collection, sample processing (CHIP), qPCR, immunohistochemistry, and CHIP seq under PI’s supervision.
- Generates, analyzes, and discusses data with the PIs.
- Maintains animal colonies.
- Assists lab personnel, as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED. (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
EXPERIENCE: Ability and willingness to learn laboratory techniques. (Familiarity with molecular biology techniques, cellular culture, and mouse models preferred). Must be able to work with small animals/rodents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Good communication and work ethics.
- Good motivation in learning new research knowledge and skills.
- Abilities to handle animal colonies