STD JOB DESCRIPTION U.S.Postal Service
RURAL CARR ASSOC/SRV REG RTE (RAUX-05)
OCCUPATION CODE: 2325-07XX
Cases, delivers, and collects mail along a prescribed rural route using a vehicle; provides customers on the route with a variety of services.
This position is authorized for a non-career employee serving as relief on a regular rural route.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Sorts mail in delivery sequence for the assigned route.
2. Receives and signs for accountable mail.
3. Loads mail in vehicle.
4. Delivers mail to customers along a prescribed route and on a regular schedule by a vehicle; collects monies and receipts for accountable mail; picks up mail from customers’ roadside boxes.
5. Sells stamps, stamped paper and money orders; accepts C.O.D., registered, certified, and insured mail and parcel post; furnishes routine information concerning postal matters and provides requested forms to customer.
6. Returns mail collected, undeliverable mail, and submits monies and receipts to post office.
7. Prepares mail for forwarding amd maintains records of change of address information.
8. Prepares a daily trip report and maintains a list of the customers on the route.
9. Conducts special surveys when required.
10. Maintains an inventory of stamps and stamped paper as needed to provide service to customers on the route.
11. Provides for mail security at all times.
Manager, Customer Services; Supervisor, Customer Services; or Postmaster
Doc Date: 11/02/1994 Occ Code: 2325-07XX
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $24.92 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Makawao, HI 96768: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location