ABOUT THE ARC
The Salvation Army (TSA) Adult Rehabilitation Center (ARC) is a no-fee program to assist men & women in their journey to complete our rehabilitation program. We are grateful for the contributions our valued employees make toward the maintenance and effectiveness of the programs. The organization is indebted to and dependent on the diligence and devotion of its employees.
- Opportunity for career growth
- Paid time off
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Referral Bonuses
As our enthusiastic and hardworking SALES ASSOCIATE/MATERIAL HANDLER, you will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Ensuring all Customers’ and Donors’ needs are met by a genuine greeting and giving prompt, and courteous assistance.
- Stocking-priced items ready to be merchandised on the sales floor.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the store and donation area, to keep it clean, neat, and organized. Perform cleaning duties as assigned by Management.
- Following all POS/Cash Register Policies in accordance with TSA Policies and Procedures.
- Maintaining safety and compliance standards.
- Attending required Monthly Store Meetings.
- Receiving, unloading, and stocking incoming inventory items accurately and efficiently.
- Providing Quality Assurance by inspecting products for defects and damages.
- Courteously assist the donor in the removal of all donated items from the donor’s vehicle and provide a receipt.
- Separating and sorting all donated material into the proper containers, and properly stacking material as instructed by Management.
- Performing other written and/or verbal duties as may be assigned by Management.
Qualifications To be considered for this position:
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Must be able to accurately handle POS/Cash Register operations and cash transactions.
- Must pass a background check, which will include Criminal History and Sex Offender Registry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, fellow store employees, customers, and donors.
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks, and miscellaneous carts.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High School or Equivalent or better.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities