ABOUT THE ARC:
The Salvation Army (TSA) Adult Rehabilitation Center (ARC) is a no-fee program to assist men & women in their journey to complete our rehabilitation program. We are grateful for the contributions our valued employees make toward the maintenance and effectiveness of the programs. The organization is indebted to and dependent on the diligence and devotion of its employees.
ABOUT OUR RETAIL TEAM:
Become part of the dedicated Retail Team at The Salvation Army! Together we can continue to serve and impact our local community, through the commitment to “ Do The Most Good” at our Casa Grande Thrift Store, which supports the Adult Rehabilitation Program. This is an opportunity to promote a positive shopping/donor experience, enhance customer service, problem-solving and teamwork skills, while contributing to the success of our Program and its participants.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS OFFERED:
- Opportunity for career growth.
- Paid time off.
- Employee Discounts.
- Employee Referral Bonuses.
As our enthusiastic and hardworking SALES ASSOCIATE/MATERIAL HANDLER, you will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Ensuring all Customers and Donors needs are met by a genuine greeting and giving prompt, and courteous assistance.
- Stocking priced items ready to be merchandised on the sales floor.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the store and donation area, to keep it clean, neat and organized. Perform cleaning duties as assigned by Management.
- Following all POS/Cash Register Policies in accordance with TSA Policies and Procedures.
- Maintaining safety and compliance standards.
- Attending required Monthly Store Meetings.
- Receiving, unload, and stock incoming inventory items accurately and efficiently.
- Providing Quality Assurance by inspecting products for defects and damages.
- Courteously assist the donor in the removal of all donated items from the donor’s vehicle and provide receipt.
- Separating and sort all donated material into the proper containers, and properly stack material as instructed by Management.
- Performing other written and/or verbal duties as may be assigned by Management.
Qualifications to be considered for this position:
- 18 years or older.
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Must be able to accurately handle POS/Cash Register operations and cash transactions.
- Must pass background check, which will include Criminal History and Sex Offender Registry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, fellow store employees, customers and donors.
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
Our stores operate 7 days per week. Work schedules are determined by Management and employee must be flexible to always ensure adequate store coverage. Part-time associates may be scheduled to work any part-time shift including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The Salvation Army will comply with all governmental orders and any contractual obligations relative to COVID-19 safety measures, including mandatory vaccination of staff, if required. The Salvation Army will consider requests for exemptions from any such requirements on either religious or medical grounds when available.