iDirectGov’s hubs, satellite routers and network management software address the growing complexity of deploying and managing global IP networks. iDirect Government’s specialized technology includes transmission security (TRANSEC), Communication Signal Interference Removal (CSIR) anti-jam technology and Open Antenna Modem Interface Protocol ( OpenAMIP ). We bring innovation, integration and intelligence to satellite-based IP communications that government and military organizations trust. By providing quality certifications with the most bandwidth-efficient, scalable and highly secure platform, we have rapidly become the technology provider of choice for military and government-driven mission-critical applications.
We are seeking for a team player with solid technical skills to work with our team of smart, creative, and dedicated engineering team-members.
The Scrum Master role will govern Agile Teams that develop embedded software applications and/or design/build custom hardware (digital and RF). An ideal candidate will come from an active agile management or team member role with an engineering focus. Experience managing complex teams that build and support customer hardware development is strongly desired. Scrum Master will engage across multiple groups that will integrate embedded and application software into custom hardware solutions.
This will be a hybrid onsite role (in our Herndon Office) up to three days as week.
- The Scrum Master will be responsible for supporting Agile Team/s and provide them guidance in running SAFe , Scrum, Kanban and XP/Lean best practices.
- Support the team/s using a servant leadership style and leading by example.
- Organize and facilitate program increment planning, daily stand-up meetings, iteration reviews, retrospectives, and iteration planning and other agile related events.
- Track and communicate metrics including team velocity and iteration/release progress.
- Ensure the Agile team/s is practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Update agile tracking system to provide transparency on Product & Iteration Backlogs. (Having JIRA/Confluence familiarity a plus)
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the Iteration goals.
- Partner with Product Owner/s to ensure Organizational Readiness prior to implementations.
- Assist team/s in making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
- Ensure the team/s strives to make each increment of functionality shippable.
- Scrum Master will act as primary coach for the agile team/s in adapting Agile Methodology.
- Experience working within an embedded software development environment (C++).
- 2 + years of technical project management or 2 + years as Scrum Master working with hardware development or embedded software as primary focus.
- Previous experience working with Engineering/ Software/Hardware/Firmware Development Teams and guiding the teams in adapting agile practices.
- Knowledge of software languages, hardware platforms and their uses
- Experience using Agile development tracking tools such as Jira, Rally, Version One etc.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently in a demanding, dynamic environment.
Additional experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Certified Scrum Master and/or Scrum Professional or other Agile Certifications
- Nice to have exposure to Scaling of agile practices and SAFe or other scaling certification/s
- Excellent facilitation and collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Independent worker, self-starter
Education: B.S. Degree in Engineering/Computer Information Systems, or B.A. Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Organizational Management or equivalent experience.
Clearance: Active DoD security clearance or ability to obtain a secret level DoD clearance.
Travel: 0- 1 0 %
iDirect Government is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status.