Open Positions: 2
The Lodge at Whitefish Lake, Montana’s only AAA Four Diamond resort and the Firebrand Hotel, is seeking a Seasonal Banquet Captain to lead our Banquet Team..
The qualified candidate would be responsible for meeting and exceeding the expectations of all guests. The Banquet Captain is responsible primarily for overseeing the serving, setting-up, and clean-up of all banquet functions. This is a fast paced position that will involve constant customer interaction.
Averill Hospitality, offers full time, year-round employment, competitive compensation, and a full benefits package including paid holidays, paid time off, insurance, and company discounts in Whitefish, Montana’s premier leisure and outdoor activity destination on the shores of Whitefish Lake and centrally located in downtown Whitefish.
If this sounds of interest to you, we’d love to get to know you!
- Coordinating Food service between Kitchen and Banquet Service staff.
- Inspect all set up and ensure that it follows the Banquet Event Order.
- Enforce all Company Policies and Regulations.
- Monitor all beverage consumption and address issues of intoxication.
- Adhere to basic hygiene procedures and grooming standards.
- Control transfers and Stock Inventory, especially on Alcoholic Beverages.
- Responds quickly to requests from guests and management in a timely, friendly and
- Manage all opening, closing side work and closing inspection duties.
- Follow all Health and Safety Regulations.
- Maintain banquet cleanliness in front and back of house.
- Controls and limits Wastage.
- Assist in Pre-service and periodic training.
- Complete accurate Billing according to BEO and completes Captains Report for each event. (captains report is an email with any issues, not something required for every event)
- Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintains supplies neat and organized to department standards.
- Maintains security of equipment, keys and supplies issued each day.
- Review and implement table and seating diagrams.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures. NOTE: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
The essential functions and duties stated above are not to be construed as the only duties
to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform other and additional job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
Requirements and Core Competencies –
- Exceptional Culture and Customer Service Skills.
- High level of Professionalism.
- Able to work all shifts and flexible. schedules including weekends and holidays.
- Strong Organizational and Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills and an eye for detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Calm and collected under pressure situations.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time according to schedule.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction, keeps commitments, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals, and completes tasks on time.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to other’s views, welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team environment, prioritizes the success of the team above own interests.
- Quality – Meets productivity standards, completes work in a timely manner, strives to increase productivity, works quickly and efficiently.
- Diversity – Shows respect and embraces diversity and cultural differences, promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Guest Service – Responds promptly to guests’ needs and takes ownership of the overall guest experience.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect and dignity, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works ethically and with integrity, upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures and completes tasks necessary to meet “big picture goals” of the lodge.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a respectable manner, reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and handles food/materials/chemicals according to HACCP standards and procedures.
- Profitability – Makes a conscientious effort to help minimize waste of food product, equipment and supplies to increase profitability of the property as a whole.
High School/ Computer And Point Of Sale Skills Required.
2 yrs. experience at a High Level, Quality Establishment.High School/ Computer and Point of Sale Skills Required.
2 yrs. experience at a High Level, Quality Establishment.
Additional InformationThis brief job profile is to give a general idea of the job and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. In our employees, we look for a passion to anticipate and meet our guests’ needs and an insatiable desire to attain the highest levels of quality and service in all areas of the hotel. Interacts with guests in a courteous and efficient manner, an eye for detail and high job standards. English verbal communication skills; second language a plus.