This position performs security and safety duties for the Orange County Convention Center. Responsible security/safety position involving the protection of life and property. Responsible for controlling and monitoring vehicular and pedestrian traffic on Convention Center roadways, freight docks, service roads and temporary staging areas. This position will work a variety of shifts as scheduled.
- Follows the established security and life safety procedures of the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) and the general and special instructions of the immediate or higher level supervisor.
- Completes security log reports, logging assignments of various routine safety equipment inspections, responds to emergencies and other functions and duties as required.
- Completes shift assignments and reports as required in accordance with the security plan.
- Inspects and patrols the exterior and interior of the facility and initiates emergency procedures as the situation dictates.
- Responds to all medical emergencies.
- Collects all pertinent information, statements, evidence, photographs, etc., and completes incident reports.
- Serves as a point of information to the general public.
- Exercises crowd control and safety procedures according to established guidelines.
- Patrols OCCC property (roadways and dock basins) to enforce parking and speed regulations.
- Patrols designated temporary truck staging areas to ensure trucks are in their proper location(s).
- Places traffic control devices (cones, barricades, leased equipment, etc) and assists in traffic control to ensure efficient flow and safety.
- Assist freight companies with move-in/out activity regarding vehicle movement and rolling dock doors.
- Performs control room duties to include monitoring and operating fire/security alarm computer console, operates routine and emergency page system; monitors and operates radio system; maintains after hours telephone message log; monitors and operates remote control closed-circuit television (CCTV) system and maintains other records as required.
- Interacts in a positive and responsive manner with show management, clients, attendees of events, seminar speakers and the general public.
- Meets the Center of Hospitality (CoH) standards.
- Performs other related duties as required.
High school or equivalent and one year of security experience in a corporate or public environment, traffic management, or law enforcement experience.
Must be able to perform strenuous work under adverse emergency conditions, including climbing, lifting, bending, stooping and extensive walking in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Must possess and maintain a valid State of Florida Driver’s License by date of hire.
Must have had no felony or misdemeanor convictions involving moral turpitude.
Must be able to respond to written and oral instructions.
Please fill out the application in its entirety. Applications that show no employment history, no employment dates, leave number of hours worked per week blank, show duties left blank, or state “see attached resume” will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed. Selected candidates must successful complete a background check, drug screen, and physical.
Posting Opens: 1/10/22
Posting Closes: 1/24/22
- Posting subject to close without prior notification
$15.76 – $18.76 per hour based on qualifications
- 10 holidays including 1 floating holiday annually.
- 18 days paid time off per year.
- 6 days of TERM (sick) time annually.
- Low cost medical, dental, vision, additional life insurance, disability
- Free basic life, long term disability, and employee assistance for the all family members effective on day one.
- Employee assistance program includes one on one sessions and online tools for legal advice, financial planning, personal life balance, etc.
- Free access to Orlando Magic gyms for the whole family, free access to County Wellworks gyms.
- Free onsite coaching, including dietician and nurse.
- Earn service time to forgive your student loans.
- Participation in the Florida Retirement System
Orange County Convention Center – 9800 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819
If you are claiming Veterans’ Preference, you are responsible for providing the required eligibility documentation by the close date of the posting. Please submit a cover letter and copies of documents, not originals, to Orange County Human Resources Division, PO Box 1393, Orlando, FL 32801-1393 or fax to (407) 836-0098 (only Veterans’ Preference documentation will be accepted by fax). Your cover letter should include the position posting number you are applying for, the title of the position and the last 4 digits of your social security number.
If your education was obtained in the United States, the County recognizes degrees or diplomas which are accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE) or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) . If you have obtained education from a country other than the United States, your degree or diploma must be evaluated to determine the United States equivalency by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service (NACES) or the Association of International Credentials Evaluations (AICE) at your expense.