Salary Range: $55,000
The Security Systems Specialist is responsible for obtaining and downloading all videos concerning Security related incidents, and Customer Assistance Forms (CAF) and managing the shared media access directory on the internal network not associated with Risk. This position works closely with the Operations department as well the Customer service department. This position is responsible for assisting with video requests from external entities to include attending court proceedings when video is subpoenaed. The Security Systems Specialist position will work closely with the Chief Transit Operations Officer and the Manager of Security and Emergency Preparedness to ensure compliance with FTA 49 CFR Part 659, MAP 21, and FAST Act regulations. The Security Systems Specialist serves as a specialist in the development, implementation and administration of security technology systems and functions. This role analyzes security technology systems, design and upkeep as the company s designated Security Systems Specialist and maintains appropriate levels of controls. This position performs periodic security inspections and processes special accesses and debriefing/terminations of such special access.
Essential Job Functions:
(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Track all Threats and Assaults to include watching all video footage to make sure the claim is accurate, determining if incident code is correct or needs to be changed and adding all information gathered to tracking spreadsheet.
- Maintains and manages the retrieval and storage of criminal evidence (i.e. video footage (vehicle and facility). Download, store, and transmit wide video files.
- Review, analyze, and provide updates on new and evolving CCTV technology for buses, ferries and light rail and transit facilities.
- Participates on all committees that address CCTV technology related issues for buses, ferries and light rail, etc.
- Obtains and downloads all videos concerning Customer Assistance Forms not related to Risk claims and enters a generic response of valid or invalid into the Customer Service Database.
- Shows videos on site or in Court, pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), under Subpoena, or as directed.
- Interacts effectively within the department, as well as with HRT employees, the legal community, and the public.
- Maintains and manage a data base of all videos downloaded.
- Maintain and purge media files in accordance with HRT preservation guidelines and record management.
- Daily notify managers via email when their Department videos have been downloaded and are ready for review.
- Notify Technology Department with any issues to include new storage requirements.
- Convert media from proprietary software multi-channel videos to multi-channel readable format or single channel readable format as requested.
- Provide video/audio copies to authorized parties as requested by transportation and customer service.
- Ensure functionality of videos stored in original format.
- Recover files from corrupted hard drives or any other media storage, report system issues to Fleet Support Services and technology department.
- Ensure all media requests are facilitated through proper channels with the proper documentation.
- Ensure the utilization of the stored media are within HRT guidelines.
- Assist with training program covering both technical operation and HRT applicable rules for hard drives.
- Work with Fleet Support with all camera installs and camera adjustments.
- Maintains a log of all personnel requesting video and all personnel coming into the office to view videos.
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for new employee ID Badge creation request and inquires.
- Responsible for existing employee badge replacement as needed.
- Coordinates and maintains log for all card access and lock repairs.
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours as required.
- Performs periodic and random security inspections and prepares security reports as necessary.
- Maintains inspection reports and records and advises management of deficiencies and remedial/disciplinary efforts to address deficiencies.
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance with HRT s relevant Security Procedures and Emergency Management Plan and all HRT s Policies
- Interface with other public agencies, associations and groups, assuring HRT security standards are reflective of the latest industry trends, regulations, and technologies
- Prepare routine and special reports for the Chief Transit Operations Officer, Manager of Security and Emergency Preparedness.
- Manage, design and maintain security technology systems to prevent crimes and security incidents at all HRT facilities. Protects all HRT assets from all crimes and investigates and documents incidents daily in daily log.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
- Knowledge of security operations and security technology systems and practices
- Understanding of all surveillance systems on HRT buses, ferries and light rail and in transit facilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work under pressure and otherwise stressful situations
- Respond to security system emergency
- Able to communicate with personnel at all levels
- Coordinate information and resources in an efficient and effective manner
- Accurately present information orally, in writing, and electronically
- Use basic problem-solving skills
- Able to design, implement and maintain video surveillance and electronic access control programs
Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions:
Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem-solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
Efficient with MS Office software products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Safety Vision, IP Configure ESM, Foresight Pro and Apollo VIM, AXIS Camera Management Setup, Genetec Security Desk/Security Center.
Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one s self, fellow employees, and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures and policies. Take an active part in reporting unsafe conditions and any hazards within the workplace to their Supervisor, Manager and/or the Safety Department.
Training and/or Education:
Requires high school diploma/GED. College Degree Preferred in Criminal Justice, Homeland Security, or related field. Genetec Security Center Certification(s) preferred.
Minimum 3 years of experience with security surveillance systems and electronic access control systems, with knowledge of IP based cameras, electronic access control hardware and software. Transit operation experience and successful completion of Investigation or Safety related courses preferred.
Licenses or Certificates:
Valid Virginia Driver s License
This position is classified as essential personnel.
The physical demands involved are of an office position with the ability to sit during a normal workday, operate modern office equipment, drive a vehicle, and perform a minor amount of field investigations and/or gathering of documentation. The physical demands described here are representative of those to be met by an employee but are not all-inclusive of the position for an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work may involve inflexible deadlines and working after hours as necessary. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Duties may require some overtime.