We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
The PM provides overall managerial direction for multiple programs. Utilizes a combination of program management skills and subject matter expertise to provide customer support. Formulates and reviews program feasibility studies, determines cost and ensures conformance to quality standards. Responsible for development of IT or relevant program management plans, schedules, risk registers and management of IT program risk.
The Program Manager will be the driving force to:
- Provide project management support for this contract and work with the Government Contracting Officer (KO), the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), and Government management personnel.
- Coordinate with COR.
- Apprise senior management on productivity and quality assurance via informal updates.
- Support Government efforts for document review and approval.
- Identify and communicate issues or risks to the Government and offer recommendations on how issues or risks should be mitigated to successfully satisfy the requirements
- Notify the COR when the Contractor believes any Government activity may impact performance, schedule, or cost
- Provide project management for the task order (or a group of task orders)
- Assist the client in working with the Government KO, Government management personnel, and customers
- Ensure tasks and schedules are implemented within the relevant time constraints
- Manage daily oversight of work performed under this contract and communication with Government representatives about current work, future work, priorities, and issues
- Ensure personnel under this contract obtain and maintain all required certifications and training
- Provide supporting documentation as required to COR for compliance tracking, including, but not limited to, program management plans and regular status reports
- Conduct regular meetings with COR and Government representatives, as necessary, to review: the status of deliverables, goals, and milestones; address problems encountered; and revise major milestones when needed provide monthly status reports (MSR) by email to the COR and a copy saved to a designated shared-drive folder
- Identify and mitigate risks throughout the schedule
- Oversee onboarding of contractor staff
- Actively participate in client discussions, meetings, and business development opportunities
Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Top Secret Clearance Required
- MS Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- At least one (1) certification with focus on Program Management such as PMP or PgMP
- Experience working as a Program Manager in support of a DOD activity
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and/or in an Agile based work environment
- Experience supporting DoD organizations in support of DoD IG
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize duties based on shifting demands
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations. This contact information is used for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire on a status of your application.
Koniag Government Services (KGS) is an Alaska Native Owned corporation supporting the values and traditions of our native communities through an agile employee and corporate culture that delivers Enterprise Solutions, Professional Services and Operational Management to Federal Government Agencies. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Koniag, we apply our proven commercial solutions to a deep knowledge of Defense and Civilian missions to provide forward leaning technical, professional, and operational solutions. KGS enables successful mission outcomes for our customers through solution-oriented business partnerships and a commitment to exceptional service delivery. We ensure long-term success with a continuous improvement approach while balancing the collective interests of our customers, employees, and native communities. For more information, please visit www.koniag-gs.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. Shareholder Preference in accordance with Public Law 88-352
Medical Insurance Vision Insurance Dental Insurance 401k Disability Maternity Tuition Assistance