Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
When you join the Federal Reserve—the nation’s central bank—you’ll play a key role, collaborating with leading tech professionals to strengthen and protect our economic, financial and payments systems. We dedicate more than $1 billion to technology each year to support the Federal Reserve and our economy, and we’re building a dynamic and diverse team for our future.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we’ll provide the opportunities that will challenge you and propel your growth—along with a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, generous paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, pension, and more. All brought together in a flexible work environment where you can truly find balance.
About The Opportunity
The Senior Solutions Architect is expected to create complex infrastructure design solutions to meet functional and non-functional application / business requirements with little direct supervision. This position develops solutions from narrow to enterprise-wide, typically drawing from established design patterns for on-prem and cloud capabilities.
This position requires cross-functional leadership among technical experts, developers, and business owners. It also demands confidence and perseverance in establishing new solution patterns as needed. Efforts are delivered in either traditional waterfall or agile methodologies, so flexibility and adaptability are key.
What You Will Do
- Design and document infrastructure and integration solutions that span multi-disciplinary technologies, meeting defined technical requirements aligned with business requirements
- Document current and future-state Business Line needs, and translate them into underlying IT Capabilities
- Synthesize solutions that integrate both Cloud and on-prem patterns
- Represent designs through review panels to ensure design soundness
- Develop solution architecture blueprints and engineering designs for large projects or programs
- Serve as a hands-on lead or technical expert to project and product teams.
- Provide strategic foresight and long-term development planning for future technology adoption
- Develops conceptual, logical and physical IT engineering designs, that support the infrastructure requirements of varying levels of technical and business application projects.
- Completes analysis of business requirements, as it relates to technical infrastructure design, and ensure traceability of the design to the business requirements.
- Assesses testing requirements and prepares testing strategies, as well as preparing implementation and transition plans.
- Senior level position requires a seasoned professional with a full understanding of industry practices..
- Requires high level of experience and proficiency in field.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or software engineering
- Grounded technical knowledge across Windows, Linux, and networking. True operational experience, even if not current, is preferable
- Understanding of application network flows and security aspects/implications
- 1 or more years of experience performing in a design role
- In-depth operating knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and SharePoint
- One of more cloud certifications from AWS, Azure or Google
- Demonstrated expertise with IT solution delivery in the cloud, including serving as an architect, engineer or technical lead working on design, implementation, and operations for distributed applications
- Experience with Agile Development and Practices
- Understanding of API, SOA, or microservice concepts, design patterns and best practices
Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join Federal Reserve’s National IT organization, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you’ll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun!
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation from the Bank.
- Candidates should review the Bank’s Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions.
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. The selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility for this specific position requires U.S. Citizenship.
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.