- Produces high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Organizes and writes supporting documents for products.
- Understands and applies overarching policy requirements to ensure that all documentation products comply with these requirements.
- Translates development requirements into required documentation changes. Adheres to CMMI Level 3/AIMM platform requirements.
- Analyzes requirements of project to determine scope of work and required documentation products.
- Conducts research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology.
- Engages in formatting, editing, and quality assurance on own work and the work of others.
- Demonstrates the ability to document business processes and write detailed functional requirements.
- Ensures consistency, clarity, and quality in and across all types of documentation.
- Provides work leadership for less experienced team members.
Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
7+ years of experience working with technical documentation with experience in creating end-user documentation.
Project coordination or change management experience a plus
Other Job Specific Skills
- Writes in a clear and concise manner to be able to convey information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation, paying close attention to detail.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Experience with desktop publication tools from Adobe and Microsoft.
- Ability to understand and articulate technical requirements and translate these requirements into technical documentation.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced technical writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and communicate progress against schedule
- Ability to peer review technical documents for grammar, content, and style of writing.
- Capability to handle sensitive and complex issues with discretion and good judgment.
- Ability to multi-task/shift priorities as necessary
- Ability to self-manage/self-start and meet self-set deadlines
- Comfortable working with SMEs to review and revise documentation
- Ability to explain complicated matters in simplified terms
- Learn complex technologies relatively quickly.
- Explain complex technologies in useful ways for the target audience.
- Wield strong interpersonal skills.
- Understand code.
- Provide product, program and/or technical development, design, and marketing documentation support related.
- Output includes written or visual product/process/technical documentation.