Pay Rate: $12.50 – + tips
Open Positions: 2
The Lodge at Whitefish Lake, Montana’s only AAA Four Diamond resort, is seeking a Server Assistant for our restaurant.
The Server Assistant ensures that guests are seated at a clean, properly set table within the shortest amount of time possible. To maintain cleanliness of the dining room, and bar area. To work with the servers and bartenders to ensure guests receive excellent service. To keep all areas stocked in FOH for quick and efficient service.
- Ensure guests are seated at a clean, properly set table within the shortest amount of time.
- Maintains the cleanliness of Restaurant. This includes Dining Room, Bar, and Patios.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the service station and notifies M.O.D of any problems.
- Sets up service area, restocks, polishing silverware and glassware.
- Checks chairs, banquettes, and table bases for cleanliness.
- Empties trash and sweeps floor areas.
- Resets tables when guest depart the table.
- Provides water and bread service to new guests arriving.
- Assists with coffee and tea service if needed.
- Refills beverage service throughout the dining experience.
- Assists the server with clearing away dirty dishes and glassware.
- Cleans and sanitizes throughout the shift.
- Prepares the shift change or close.
- Keeps the M.O.D informed of any problems or unusual matters throughout the restaurant.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely manner in accordance with The Lodge’s company policies.
- Maintains a positive working atmosphere.
The essential functions and duties stated above are not to be construed as the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform other and additional job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
Requirements and Core Competencies – Requirements:
- Maintain expected level of personal appearance and hygiene consistent with The Boat Club’s image for FOH employees working in full view of the guest. Neat clean and well groomed. Men should be neatly shaven and hair well groomed and out of face. Women should have long hair pulled back and nails should be neatly trimmed and clean.
- Dressed neatly and well groomed in company approved uniforms at all times.
- Lifts and carries heavy items multiple times throughout the shifts.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- At times works in a hot and cold climate.
- Exposed to hazards that may include broken glass, bottles, plates, burns, slips and falls.
- Walks and stands for a 6-8 hour shift.
- Reaches, bends, stoops, wipes.
- Can clearly communicate well with guests and co-workers.
- Required to carry trays with food, drink, bus tubs, or supplies.
- Must be able to perform multi tasks while maintaining a positive attitude and be able to maintain the high standard of The Boat Club.
- Training will be overseen by a Certified Trainer, and Manager.
- Evaluations and testing of knowledge acquired will be completed during the training process.
- The use of drugs and alcohol while in the workplace or on restaurant property is prohibited and will not be tolerated. Sexual harassment and harassment based upon race, color, national origin, religion age, gender, sexual preference or disability is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time according to schedule.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction, keeps commitments, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals, and completes tasks on time.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to other’s views, welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team environment, prioritizes the success of the team above own interests.
- Quality – Meets productivity standards, completes work in a timely manner, strives to increase productivity, works quickly and efficiently.
- Diversity – Shows respect and embraces diversity and cultural differences, promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Guest Service – Responds promptly to guests’ needs and takes ownership of the overall guest experience.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect and dignity, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works ethically and with integrity, upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures and completes tasks necessary to meet “big picture goals” of the lodge.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a respectable manner, reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and handles food/materials/chemicals according to HACCP standards and procedures.
- Profitability – Makes a conscientious effort to help minimize waste of food product, equipment and supplies to increase profitability of the property as a whole.
Additional InformationThe Lodge at Whitefish Lake, part of Averill Hospitality, offers full time, year-round employment, competitive compensation, and a full benefits package including paid holidays, paid time off, insurance, and company discounts in Whitefish, Montana’s premier leisure and outdoor activity destination on the shores of Whitefish Lake.
If this sounds of interest to you, we’d love to get to know you!
Averill Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.