LOCATION: Herberger Center – Phoenix, Arizona
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army Phoenix Family Services is looking to fill a Shelter Client Services Manager position. The Successful candidate for this position will have experience in grant compliance, statistical analyses, program development, financial management and staff development. This position is benefit eligible and comes with vacation, sick, health, vision, life insurance, free membership and more.
This position will be responsible for the provision of services to homeless families ensuring that compassionate care is provided. The goal is that in the shortest time reasonable the family will be re-housed. In the area of contract management of the program, personnel actions and issues and community networking be focused on the program participants, accomplishing their goals for homes and meeting basic needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with a minimum of 5 years social service experience. Experience may substitute for education on a 2:1 ratio.
- Experience in grant compliance, statistical analyses, program development, financial management and staff development.
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a Maricopa Regional Continuum of Care program (MRCoC)
- Experience with helping people in crisis situations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and also in a team environment.
- Knowledge of local community agencies and referral sources.
- Demonstrated time management skills, appropriate judgment in a crisis situation, detail oriented and well organized
- Able to maintain the policies of the departments and TSA by following proper agency policy procedures and best practices.
- Computer literate in HMIS, Microsoft office and Microsoft Excel with ability to learn different program databases
- Pass a criminal background .
- Must secure and maintain First Aid/CPR certification.
- Must possess a valid Arizona Driver License and have a good driving record.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms on a continuous basis. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must have the ability to operate telephone, a desktop or laptop computer, as well as the ability to access and produce information from a computer, and to understand written information.