JOB TITLE: SMART Compliance Analyst
POSTION TYPE: *Full-Time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DEPARTMENT*: SMART – 6000
REPORTS TO*: Director of SMART
EFFECTIVE DATE: 10/2/2022
TRAVEL: Potential to travel
WORK HOURS: * Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm, ability to work weekends and/or extended hours as needed.
The Compliance Analyst will be responsible for ensuring leagues and tournaments follow USBC Rules when submitting financials to USBC, and scholarship lists/funds to SMART. In addition, the individual will monitor and approve/deny the use of Unassigned Funds. The Compliance Analyst will also review and approve/deny recipient scholarship usage requests and grant applications. Specific financial cross-training and duties also included.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist scholarships recipients and providers
- Follow up with centers, local and state associations regarding SMART program utilization
- Investigate SMART parent/youth complaints where earned scholarship funds have not been deposited.
- Review and audit accounts to verify scholarship events and SMART account match.
- Compose correspondences to tournament and league officials regarding USBC’s requirements for submitting scholarships
- Initiate formal proceedings where funds have not been deposited or Unassigned Funds were used in violation of the rules.
- Monitor and approve the use of SMART’s Unassigned Funds.
- Follows written processes and procedures for approving/denying: Grant applications and requests for reimbursements, off-campus housing, and student loans. Works with recipient to obtain the required information. Confers with Director of SMART on questionable requests.
- Conduct research utilizing the internet and internal programs (SMART Portal, Great Plaines, CRM, Legacy and Bowinkle) to better contact providers regarding scholarship funding.
- Update FAFSA codes with IT, at least twice a year
- Perform AP payments (checks and EFTs)
- Update information within Great Plaines and CRM
- Reconciliation reporting of inventory tables
- Issue individual Cr/Dr Memos in AR
- Regular reliable attendance
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years minimum office and customer service experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Access
- Excellent accounting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Diplomacy and ability to be effective in stressful situations
- Experience working in a team environment
- Ability to pass USBC Registered Volunteer background check
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT: *
- Occasionally required to move about inside the office and offsite locations
- Continually required to sit and/or stand (remain stationary)
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Occasionally may be required to work from home
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet to moderate
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
Job Type: Full-time