Work is performed under the supervision of a Senior Program Manager, Youth and Family Services Program Manager or a Counseling Services Supervisor and is reviewed through file reviews and service verifications, conferences, records, reports, observation, and results achieved.
- Provides case management and counseling services to children and their families in home, group residential and/or office settings. These clients typically represent more complex or difficult cases.
- Provides case oversight and /or supervision to children’s services counselors and other program staff.
- Serves as liaison and coordinates services within and between the division, courts, other agencies and practitioners for assigned cases.
- Maintains case records in accordance with program and division policies and procedures.
- Conducts client screening and intake processes.
- Develops and implements an appropriate case plan for clients, including measurable goals to be achieved, in accordance with program and division polices and procedures.
- Initiates and participates in team staffing and case conferences.
- May transport clients to appointments with other agencies and practitioners.
- Prepares and submits reports and data as required. Performs other responsibilities required to provide the specific services of the assigned program.
- Serves on 24 hours, 7 days per week on-call for assigned cases and/or program.
Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or a closely related field and two years of counseling children and families.
May be required to possess and maintain valid Florida Driver’s license and provide own vehicle for job related duties.
Must be able to demonstrate intermediate to advanced proficiency in word processing, preferably Microsoft Word and email functions.
$21.44 – $28.11 (depending on qualifications)
If you are claiming Veterans’ Preference, you are responsible for providing the required eligibility documentation by the close date of the posting. Please submit a cover letter and copies of documents, not originals, to Orange County Human Resources Division, PO Box 1393, Orlando, FL 32801-1393 or fax to (407) 836-0098 (only Veterans’ Preference documentation will be accepted by fax). Your cover letter should include the position posting number you are applying for, the title of the position and the last 4 digits of your social security number.
If your education was obtained in the United States, the County recognizes degrees or diplomas which are accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE) or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) . If you have obtained education from a country other than the United States, your degree or diploma must be evaluated to determine the United States equivalency by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service (NACES) or the Association of International Credentials Evaluations (AICE) at your expense.