Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
As part of the Federal Reserve’s mission to promote accessible, safe, and efficient systems to facilitate dollar transactions, the Federal Reserve System seeks a senior technologist to perform central bank digital currency research and development. Given the dollar’s important role, Federal Reserve System seeks to further understand the cost and benefits of the potential technologies for central bank digital currencies, and how the system better understand this emerging field.
This position is a unique opportunity to be part of a team on the leading edge of technology research into central bank digital currency. You’ll join a world-class team in a dynamic environment that has the feel of a start-up. As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will help to deploy, manage, fix, and reinvent the tools, services, and components that our team relies on to develop our CBDC research infrastructure and keep it operational.
The Senior DevOps Engineer role is part of the Technical Operations (TechOps) group and has the overall responsibility for the design, management and execution of operations required to support the ongoing technical and delivery needs of the CBDC research program. This team interfaces with internal stakeholders, customers for planning, delivery, and service management. You will work closely with Engineers and Architects of the CBDC research program in automating, codifying, and supporting the infrastructure and tooling that enables highly productive application engineering teams to delivery exceptional results, and ensure the Federal Reserve is well-positioned to design, build, and implement technology to support a CBDC as may be required by the Board of Governors.
If you are exceptionally motivated and passionate about the work you do, then we welcome you to join us.
We empower our people to balance their life and work responsibilities. That’s why we offer a flexible hybrid work model that allows you to collaborate with office colleagues on some days, and work from home on others. In practice, this means that we are in the office 2-3 days per week on average but keep these days flexible and recognize that unforeseen events may require more time to work from home in certain weeks.
- Work closely with product focused engineering groups to build, mature, and improve research workload, deployment, observability, application instrumentation and system health.
- Assist and collaborate in building and supporting effective Internal Developer Platform (IDP) to reduce cognitive load and empower engineering autonomy.
- Focus on improving automation to tighten the developer feedback loop.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
- Ensure compliance with Federal Reserve policies and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in computer science, management information systems or comparable technical discipline, or an equivalent experience.
- Experience in TechOps/DevOps/SRE related positions.
- Applied experience building observability dashboards and alerting systems, instrumenting application metrics, and aggregating system performance metrics and logs.
- Experience running multi-tiered containerized workloads in Kubernetes.
- Experience configuring and deploying fault tolerant and highly available infrastructure on AWS and/or GCP.
- Experience with modern IaC toolchains and CI/CD delivery mechanisms.
- Well versed in Linux systems administration.
- Programming experience with C++, Go, Python and/or NodeJS preferred.
- Experience with consensus protocols such as Raft preferred.
- Experience working embedded on small teams with shifting priorities.
- Must be a U.S Citizen
Base Salary Range: Min: $101,400 – Mid: $131,500 – Max: $161,800 (Location: San Francisco)
Final salary and offer will be determined by the applicant’s background, experience, skills, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Pretax Flexible Spending Account, Paid Family Leave Care, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and an unheard-of Retirement / Pension.
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank’s vaccination policy; the Bank will provide accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the SF Fed, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The SF Fed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#cbdc #digitalassets #fintech #crypto #innovation
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.