Department Marketing Statement
Metro is seeking to fill a Senior Program Manager position in the Office of Strategy and Policy. Metro is looking for an exceptional candidate committed to public service for this senior-level role leading strategy and policy development and the delivery of initiatives to improve transit in the nation’s capital. The position manages the office’s overall program management and strategic initiative delivery functions, including work assignments for active projects and the project development pipeline. The right candidate is results driven, an effective problem solver, has strong leadership skills, prioritizes staff professional development, and is skilled at building relationships across functions.
General Hybrid Work Statement
This opportunity is a hybrid opportunity allowing for flexibility between virtual and in-person work subject to the Authority’s telework policy
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science, Public Administration or Business Administration or related field
- A minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in data analysis, including complex statistical and budgetary analysis
- A minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience as a manager of complex projects in a large organization
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent
- Master’s Degree in Science, Public Administration or Business Administration or related field
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
The Senior Program Manager Strategic Initiatives has responsibility for leading the implementation of the Executive Vice President’s improvement and efficiency program in the Office of Strategic Initiatives. This high-profile program has agency-wide, strategic impact, and intends to make systematic, organizational change to improve agency efficiency, operational delivery and performance, aligned with the mission, vision, values and strategy of the Authority. Duties include, but are not limited to, leading and coordinating multi-disciplinary project teams, delivering results to solve critical business problems across the organization, designing and executing the program strategy, tracking and communicating impact across the Authority, and building durable relationships across departments to facilitate lasting progress.
- Leads the design, management, coordination, control and execution of a suite of projects that comprise the business improvement and efficiency program in the Office of Strategic Initiatives major multi-departmental business improvement programs that deliver economic efficiencies, and improve productivity, safety and performance.
- Delivers, tracks and communicates to stakeholders, the tangible program outcomes that bring organizational benefits in the areas of operational efficiency and delivery, safety, productivity and cost reduction or revenue generation.
- Manages multiple, multi-disciplinary project teams comprising employees, contractors and colleagues from partner departments, executing associated managerial and supervisory tasks and responsibilities
- Leads the department’s data analysis and visualization strategy and delivery, balancing the need for projects to be data-driven and evidence-based alongside the business need to deliver results in a timely manner that impact on performance and delivery. Includes but is not limited to: budgetary analyses, reviews of work systems and procedures, development of performance standards and measures, workflow and economic analysis, productivity analysis, inventory planning, contract management, and organizational configuration management.
- Leads the management of consultant contracts for the department, designing and implementing the procurement strategy, overseeing solicitations on behalf of the department, building and administering department procedures to track contract financials and performance, and ensuring compliance with Authority procurement rules and requirements.
- Designs, implements and tracks stakeholder engagement and change management across all projects, to ensure and communicate tangible business outcomes and culture change across all projects through collaborative partnerships with internal and external partners to enhance the capacity and capabilities of the Authority’s department to identify and deliver
- On behalf of the Principal Strategic Program Manager, leads the planning, coordination and execution of the department’s strategic goals, procedures, staffing, administrative, budgetary and operational activities.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Skills and/or behavioral assessment
- Personal interview
- Verification of education and experience (including certifications and licenses)
- Criminal Background Check (a criminal conviction is not an automatic bar to employment)
- Medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening (for safety sensitive positions)
- Review of a current motor vehicle report
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.