Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Present a professional appearance, adhering to dress code at all times.
- Accurately manages personal cash drawer; opening, closing, and balancing. Adhere to all Salvation Army money handling procedures.
- Work to understand the Point of Sales system and complete sales effectively and efficiently. Proficiency with the system should be obtained within 3 months of employment.
- Maintain a clean work environment at the cash register as well as the rest of the store. This includes cleaning, straightening, hanging, and restocking as needed.
- Maintains a friendly demeanor, greeting our customers and asking if they need any assistance.
- Follow all Salvation Army policies regarding the sale of merchandise.
- Keep the floor stocked and put new merchandise out. Work to meet the production goals for the store each day as needed.
- Must be available for a flexible schedule; full-time or part-time positions will require evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of the position. Other job-related responsibilities and tasks may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal education, experience, skills, and/or abilities required for this position.
Education & Experience:
High School Degree or currently pursuing.
Ability to speak, write and understand English in a manner sufficient for effective communication with customers, management and coworkers.
Basic computer skills including but not limited to the use of the Point of Sales System; the payroll program and all other programs or systems that are adopted by the TSA ARC.
Ability to give change accurately.
Good speaking, hearing and vision ability, and excellent manual dexterity.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands, handle, or feel; and hear or talk. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment for this position is a store environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. The environment may be dusty and may experience temperature fluctuations based on weather.