The role of the Subject Matter Expert 1 (HF/UHF) is to provide advanced technical knowledge, and onsite depot level support services for legacy and other communication equipment as defined by the NIWC (formally SPAWAR) consolidated ISEA. Support services include system technical operation, system configuration, preventative maintenance, overhaul, repair and assistance with configuration management. Provide shipboard technical support as required.
This position is always open. Resumes will be accepted even when there are no current openings.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance, repair and overhaul of US Navy or Coast Guard communications and patching equipment.
- Provide technical support to diagnose, repair and overhaul a variety of communication equipment and ancillaries.
- Provide expertise in repair alignment and overhaul of all variants of AN/URT-23 (C, D, & E)
- Experience with standard Navy patching systems SAS/BAS and Tactical Variant Switch (TVS)
- Strong customer service skills to interface directly with prime customers and other industry partners.
- Provide support to NIWC for Foreign Military Sales (FMS) CONUS/OCONUS
- Capable to travel to CONUS / OCONUS locations to support ISEA requirements.
- Capable of going shipboard to support ISEA driven HF/UHF communication requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have SECRET Security Clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have High School diploma.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must have minimum five (5) years of experience in Navy or Coast Guard communications systems.
- Must have experience with shipboard communication center work.
- Must be willing to travel CONUS/OCONUS and must be willing to work extended hours including weekends and holidays.
CGS will provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Chugach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, disability, genetic factors, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this opportunity an application must be submitted through the CGS careers site. Direct link to apply-https://careers.chugachgov.com/cgs-careers/jobs/2599?lang=en-us
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
Work Location: One location