Are you an outdoor enthusiast with a passion for sharing a love of the outdoors with preschool children? This is the job for you! In search of substitutes for a home-based Forest School for ages 2-5 in Columbia, MD.
7:30AM – 1PM
9:30AM – 5:30PM
1PM – 5:30PM
· Spend the morning (7:30AM – 9:30AM) or afternoon (3:30-5:30) greeting families and caring for up to eight children independently. Activities to include free play with access to a fenced children’s garden and chickens (classroom available for inclement weather).
· Working in collaboration with the Lead Forest Guide to lead outdoor expeditions on the two-acre property, which includes access to marshland, a creek, and forest. Expeditions may include visiting a public park walking distance from the Forest School or through the Columbia public trails. The child: adult ratio will not exceed 1:4. May include educational activities.
· A belief in the inherent necessity of child’s play.
· Ability to observe children’s play with interest, assessing when your involvement would be detrimental to their development and when it is necessary for educational or safety reasons.
· An interest and willingness to learn about nature-oriented preschool education and how it fits into different educational models.
· Able to lift 50 pounds and engage in rigorous physical activity, including long hikes, bending, and lifting.
· Comfortable touching bugs, other critters, and chickens in an educational environment.
· Comfortable working outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Little Bird Forest School is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $18.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location