Current New York State employee with one year or more of
permanent, contingent-permanent, labor, or 55b/c service as a
Supervising Janitor OR Active list candidate on the New York State Department of Civil Service’s Supervising Janitor eligible list#26-236 with a score of 90 or higher.
Candidate must be able to work independently and as part of a team as well as handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
The Supervising Janitor will be assigned to David Axelrod Institute and will be responsible for supervising and supporting one State and six contract janitorial staff, as well as maintaining the cleaning supplies inventory. The incumbent will plan and schedule staff assignments and cleaning services, supervise the proper distribution of cleaning equipment and supplies, inspect buildings and assigned areas for compliance with cleaning guidelines, and establish training standards and train new staff.
“Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
- Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
- Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
- Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
- Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
- Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
- Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
- Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
- Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
- New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
- NYS Deferred Compensation
- Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
- And many more.. “
For more information on the NYS Department of Health’s Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Plan, please visit: https://health.ny.gov/commissioner/index.htm