$73,900 – $142,300
- Salary range is estimated, and actual salary will be determined after consideration of the selected candidate’s experience and qualifications, and application of any approved geographic salary differential.
What Your Job Will Be Like
We are seeking a Supply Chain Analyst to work with our Laboratory Program Areas to design and implement an integrated global supply chain strategy that mitigates resource risk, while taking a proactive approach to the acquisition of critical goods and services in support our Laboratory’s mission areas.
As a Supply Chain Analyst, you will work with technical subject matter experts and other business cross-functional staff members to seek opportunities to effectively address end-to-end supply chain needs.
On any given day, one may be called upon to:
- Conduct data analysis on Programmatic outsourcing activities to understand portfolio of purchases
- Engage proactively with Program key customers to identify 3, 5 to 10-year procurement needs and create a dashboard of critical components/services required to meet mission requirements
- Lead cross-functional teams to mature a Program’s long-term supply chain planning to include supplier management and risk mitigation plans
- Partner with the Supply Chain Risk Management Team to perform supply chain risk assessments, to include research & analysis, identification of risk, and continuous monitoring of supply chain vulnerabilities
- Collaborate with subject matter experts within Program Areas to create metrics and dashboards to quickly communicate supply chain constraints and enable informed decisions
- Understand industry/market trends and pursue benchmarking activities to identify best practices that enable Program Areas to implement a secure and efficient supply base optimization approach
This position is eligible for telecommuting and the selected applicant must live within a reasonable distance for commuting to the assigned work location when necessary.
Qualifications We Require
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, plus 5 years directly related experience; or equivalent experience and/or achievements that demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the duties of the job
- The ability to acquire and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience with specific commodity areas, specifically Construction
- Experience with Procurement and Resource Planning
- A strong education in business management functions
- Knowledge and experience in business management functions, as well as project administration
- Experience working within federal procurement policies and guidance document
- Knowledge of risk management best practices
- Excellent written communication, oral communication, interpersonal, negotiations, and customer service skills
- The demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
- The ability to organize and follow through to completion on multiple tasks, under strict deadlines and changing priorities
- The ability to conduct research, investigate alternatives, and recommend solutions to problems affecting acquisition and business issues
- A willingness to take initiative, take ownership of job responsibilities, and make appropriate decisions to complete tasks
- Excellent analytical, process facilitation, and decision-making skills
About Our Team
Supply Chain Risk Management: Our mission is to mitigate risk throughout the Supply Chain through risk management, supplier evaluation and management, and processes to mitigate, identify, and report quality issues.
We partner with Procurement, the Technical Line, and others to identify, evaluate, and manage supply-chain and supplier risks.
We are integrators to influence and improve supply chain policies and partner cross-functionally to evaluate contract performance (e.g. SCORE), supplier quality, and suspect/counterfeit parts.
Some of our programs include Supply Chain Risk Management/TRUST, Suspect/Counterfeit and Supplier Quality, including Quality Level Program.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
- Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov*These benefits vary by job classification.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
Job ID: 686516