You’ll lead the efforts in identifying opportunities for growing the practice, lead business development and marketing efforts, and implement sales strategies to provide sustainable growth for the practice. You’ll work with other practices within CEC to provide an integrated approach to addressing our client’s needs. You’ll provide technical oversight of the practice to include quality assurance and quality control of procedures and work product, monitor field and office procedures to assure a high level of consistent work product and service. You’ll assist with the identification and recruitment of key personnel and will mentor and train the survey staff to assure professional growth and development.
- 10+ years of professional surveying experience;
- Illinois Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license required;
- Entrepreneurial personality with developing new services and market opportunities;
- Business development experience and network of existing contacts;
- Ability to assist with recruiting and the continued growth of a survey practice using marketing and networking techniques;
- Expertise with technological advances, principles, techniques, and practices of land surveying and other geospatial/remote sensing services;
- Extensive project management experience, including client management, preparation of estimates and proposals, budget tracking, invoicing, and scheduling;
- Staff management experience, including training coordination, mentoring, interviewing, and performance reviews;
- Experience with financial management of a department, including rate analysis, cost recovery, and development of strategic plans;
- Ability to coordinate effectively and provide guidance to managers and staff in other design practices;
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC) is consistently ranked as an Engineering News-Record Top 200 Design Firm, offering big firm opportunities with a small firm culture. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but we will also provide you with the opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in our success. You will work on diverse projects while providing high quality service to our clients.
In addition to offering company stock at all levels, we provide a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus for all employees, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability and tuition assistance. Join our team where your contribution matters.
CEC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.