How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/2s4e425uby January 25, 2023 at midnight EST to be considered.
ALERT: YOU MUST APPLY ON OUR SITE, NOT INDEED, TO BE CONSIDERED.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 240+ reviews.
NEW HIGHER SALARY: $41,429 – $72,500
We’re looking for an Experienced Engineering Technician to join our Location & Surveys team to provide engineering analysis, mapping and other data for the design of transportation facilities and the acquisition of property for the construction of transportation facilities.
In this role, you will:
- Provide advanced technical work supporting senior technicians & engineers by serving as survey crew leader providing base mapping for highway design functions.
- Use conventional surveys & CADD equipment & GPS.
- Perform moderate to complex assignments in analyzing computing editing processing and recommending corrective actions for various data sources.
- Review completed field data and CADD mapping prepared by a NCDOT survey party to insure completeness and accuracy.
- Apply your decision making and good judgment directing the work of others.
- Be responsible for the safety of survey crew during field operations.
What You Bring
- Experience accurately reading, comprehending, interpreting, and applying Department and Unit procedures, policies, data provided through CADD files, plans sheets, and maps related engineering and other types of land surveying.
- Skills planning, directing, overseeing, leading the work of lower level technicians in survey field and office work.
- Experience working with survey equipment, i.e. total stations, GNSS receivers.
- Technical skills developing maps/plans using CADD software.
- Knowledge of standards, principles, and practices of NC surveying.
Education & Experience
- Associate’s degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Survey Technology or assigned discipline, and
- 3+ years of technician experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Debbie Pell at 919-707-6800.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
View all NCDOT jobs at https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $41,429.00 – $72,500.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Did you see that you must apply at https://tinyurl.com/2s4e425u in order to be considered? ALERT: YOU MUST APPLY ON OUR SITE, NOT INDEED, TO BE CONSIDERED.
- Associate (Preferred)
- engineering technician: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location