Technical Writer/Editor – REMOTE – 6 month Temporary Assignment
***THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE***
The Editor will support the Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons’ (J/TIP’s) efforts on the production of the annual Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report. This position is for the duration of the production of the TIP Report.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Copy editing of the 188 narratives and other relevant portions of the annual Trafficking in Persons (TIP) Report.
- Assists the Senior Coordinator and two Deputy Senior Coordinators in reviewing documents at various stages to ensure they adhere to Department formats and minimize the need for copy editing by Senior Coordinator, Front Office, and other Department reviewers.
- Produces written products and provides copy editing services for other reports and documents in the office.
- Performs line editing for clarity and style of TIP Report Narratives.
- Assist in proofreading the entire publication and conducting final product review, consolidating edits, coordinating final review by leadership on related materials.
- Work closely with the Senior Coordinator and Team Deputies to ensure the entire review process moves smoothly from start to finish and confirm all necessary edits are integrated in the final product.
- Beyond country narratives, assist in securing Department clearance from various stakeholders, consolidating edits, and coordinating final review by leadership on numerous other materials.
- Review charts, graphs, or other visual representations of analyzed data for publication.
- Supports office work with the Department’s Office of Global Publishing Solutions (GPS) to assist with the compilation and updating of the text of the TIP Report, ensuring that all necessary final changes are accurately made.
- Support meeting to review the status of TIP Report production.
- Provide drafting and editing services on other J/TIP reports and documents.
- On a limited basis, the editor may also be asked to provide administrative and technical support, as well as qualitative and quantitative research to the Reports and Political Affairs (RPA) team in support of Report production.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s in foreign relations or related subject
- Three years of demonstrated strong analytical, writing, oral communication, and organizational skills, including experience copy editing
- **6 month assignment, 1099 or Temporary employee**
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Active SECRET Clearance.
- Successfully pass a federal background check and a drug screen.
- Demonstrated ability to perform copy editing, with critical attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write succinctly, manage multiple projects and deadlines, and work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience with advanced functions in Excel or statistical software.
- Demonstrated ability to perform research and administrative tasks.
- Cherokee Federal has suspended it’s COVID mandate. However it’s important to note that Cherokee Federal employees are included as covered employees in U.S. Presidential Executive Order 14042, which mandates Covid vaccines for federal contractors. Executive Order 14042 is currently not subject to enforcement by the Federal government. Therefore, Cherokee Federal has suspended application of the mandate and continues to monitor the government’s guidance on administration of any vaccine requirement.
- This position is REMOTE.
- Estimated Starting Salary Range: $31.69 an hour. Cherokee Federal offers a competitive benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans for regular full-time employees, 401(k) with 100% match up to 6%, life insurance, paid time off and more. Paid sick leave is provided in accordance with applicable law.
Join the team who values your skills and expertise. Cherokee Nation Mission Solutions (CNMS) is a solutions-driven global powerhouse that assists customers who need technical and professional teams, cross-border program coordination, call center management and facilities support. CNMS hires people who help us give customers the support they deserve and the quality they expect from our team – a team of experts, like you.
Cherokee Nation Mission Solutions is part of Cherokee Federal – a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation’s mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. For more information, visit cherokee-federal.com .
ABOUT THE TEAM
Cherokee Federal is a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. As a trusted partner, the Cherokee Federal team of companies manages nearly 2,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, engineering and manufacturing and mission solutions portfolios — ranging from advanced data analytics and telehealth to cybersecurity, cloud and logistics.
Since 2012, our team of companies has won $6 billion in government contracts and completed more than 5,300 federal missions. Our 3,600+ employees work in 20+ countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why Cherokee Federal? Visit cherokee-federal.com to learn why you should join our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and we prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status or for inquiring about, discussing, or disclosing compensation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail [email protected] for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status. Please do not send email request pertaining to recruiting as this email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time Tuesdays – Thursdays from 10:00am – 2:00pm CST to make applicable Affirmative Action Plans accessible. Please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2021 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at [email protected] .
Please do not send email for job application follow-up or staffing advertisement/request pertaining to recruiting as this email box is not for resumes or job applications.