This Financial Technician II position is responsible for timely processing of financial data, accounts payable invoices and encumbrances, accounts receivable billing and posting, other financial transactions through LCPS financial systems at the middle schools. The Financial Technician II has a higher level of financial complexity than the Financial Technician I and manages financial records for various programs and co-curricular activities. Additionally, the Technician will assist the Registrar and or Administrative Assistant position with administrative responsibilities and office management.
- Enters financial data and records of transactions into the LCPS financial and accounting systems in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Orders supplies, equipment, textbooks, and furniture based the school budget and availability of funds; monitors the transactions; documents expenses in the appropriate report and account; confirms delivery and uploads documents or provides to the appropriate department.
- Reviews financial transactions for correct coding, approval and adherence to guidelines.
- Assembles and verifies accounting or other financial data.
- Prepares and balances deposits and receipt transactions.
- Compiles and retrieves monthly, quarterly, semiannual, and annual totals, reports, and financial statements.
- Responds to request for information made from the public, parents, staff, and or other interested parties.
- Manages school entry; verifies and documents all personnel entering and leaving the school premises.
- Answers routine questions; directs callers/visitors to appropriate location or staff member.
- Provides support with the student registration process.
- Prepares a variety of routine correspondence, logs, information, paperwork, invoices, forms and or other related information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes a variety of correspondence, deliveries, and mail.
- Files documents alphabetically, numerically, or by other prescribed methods established with filing systems.
- Reviews and maintains calendars for school staff; schedules appointments and or meetings; updates bulletin boards; maintains reference files/materials/logs, and other office records.
- May notify central office staff, school staff, and other parties of informational matters requiring their attention.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience in managing financial records, procurement procedures, and technical accounting
- Working knowledge of general English vocabulary, spelling, and arithmetic; working knowledge of modern office equipment, practices and procedures
- Ability to compose routine memoranda and letters from general instruction; maintain clerical records and prepare routine reports from such records
- Ability to operate a computer, printer, scanner, fax machine, phone system, shredder and other general office equipment
- Good organizational, human relations, and communication skills and to work under pressure and/or with frequent interruptions
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. The employee must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Principal or Assistant Principal
Salary Range: $24.43 – $25.98