YOUR LIFE’S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them-friends, family and passions. And we’re looking for team members who are passionate about our mission-making a difference in military members’ and their families’ lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
• Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Forbes® America’s Best Employers
• Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
To compile, research, analyze, and document data, requirements, workflow / processes, and functionality for respective ISD group. To develop and evaluate information and prepare recommendations. To partner with Technology Product Owner (TPO) in the creation, management, and maintenance of product boards and product backlogs.
• Demonstrates leadership within the product team and within the Analyst team, including via new ideas and/or leading improvement efforts, oversight of other TPAs; and providing PAR input
• Partners with TPO for overall product board/backlog creation, maintenance, and management; orders backlog items to best achieve goals and optimize the value of each sprint
• Clearly presents status and issues in variety of oral and written formats, and leads product meetings.
• Authors wide variety of user stories/features/product backlog items; provides critical feedback to other stories/features/backlog items.
• Liaises between product team and business area.
• Conducts requirements analysis and validation, ensuring requirements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, treaceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
• Solves business problems by defining systems solutions via interviewing stakeholders, identifying and evaluating alternatives, and presenting findings.
• Manages large projects/product lines either solo or by leading a team of Analysts.
• Recognizes and proactively raises issues or risks along with well-considered solutions.
• Elicits and documents functional and non-functional requirements using variety of techniques, including interviews, document analysis, storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and diagramming.
• Represents requirements using alternative views, such as epics/features/stories/product backlog items, models, diagrams, prototypes, or scenarios, to facilitate communication to the project / product team.
• Tracks and manages requirements status and changes throughout project / product lifecycle via board/backlog management and maintenance.
• Creates and communicates artifacts translating business needs into executable requirements.
• Continually seeks opportunities to improve and increase level of industry/domain-specific knowledge by remaining current with emerging products and technical updates.
• Mentors and guides Interns, Contractors, and other Analyst staff.
• Presents project, product, or other material at All Hands meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field, or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
• Manages multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals via effective organizational, planning, and time management skills
• Possesses/maintains advanced skills with data querying, reporting, and analysis; comfortable recommending solutions to problems
• Significant experience in problem resolution including determining root cause, scope and scale of issues
• Possesses/maintains advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Possesses/maintains advanced experience with Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Visio; artifacts and deliverables are polished and professional
• Advanced experience in SQL
• Demonstrates significant creativity and variety of approaches to solving business and technical problems
• Demonstrates competence in planning, organization, and multi-tasking, of large and complex efforts.
• Navy Federal Service Now knowledge
• Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies, and procedures
• Experience leading, guiding, and coaching team of staff and contractors
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Desired – Advanced knowledge of banking/financial industry standards and practices
• Desired – Real Estate Lending Products and mortgage business Area
• Desired – Strong knowledge of Agile or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) development practices, methodologies, and tools.
• Certification in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Agile , Scrum Master (CSM) is helpful.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee’s leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $83,100 – $142,000 annually
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.