Position Title: Teller
Reports To: Teller Supervisor
Basic Function: Performs all basic teller duties under close supervision.
- Tellers strive to provide an exceptional Member experience by performing basic teller functions to service Member needs.
- Make wise decisions based upon adequate knowledge of credit union policies and procedures. Responsible for balancing drawer daily and securing negotiables always.
- Cross train to learn other teller functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Universal Characteristics: The following characteristics should be present in all tellers and must be demonstrated consistently before being considered for advancement in the Teller Career Ladder.
- Reliable attendance
- Good balancing record. Outages seldom exceed $100.00 within a month
- Excellent service to members, including addressing member by name
- Cooperative with co-workers, supervisors, and all other employees
- Willing to attempt 5 cross-sells of new products and/or services per week
- Maintains a professional image at work
- Previous experience in a money-handling and/or customer service environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Personal computer, basic office equipment.
- Friendly, outgoing individual with good communication skills. Must maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Ability to follow the core values of team-focused, excellence, authenticity and leading in innovation.
- While the following list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented, identified physical requirements include ability to lift heavy bags of coin, to stand on feet for long periods of time and to operate standard teller equipment.