YOUR LIFE’S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we’re looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members’ and their families’ lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
- WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
- Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
- Forbes® America’s Best Employers
- Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
If selected for Branch Operations, may be required to travel up to 60-70% of the time. If selected for L&D, to coordinate org-wide training initiatives, such as Professional Development Workshops. For most business units with member-facing roles, may be called on to work alongside trainees during periods of high volume and therefore must maintain SME knowledge/expertise.
- Anticipate and recommend best practices to improve training programs, training environments and company performance
- Collaborate with others to plan and design courses and curricula; ensure accuracy of content and test multimedia elements
- Conduct needs assessment on request from business unit management to provide customized training or individual guidance to improve and develop performance
- Create reference and support tools that reinforce training
- Design/develop/facilitate targeted team building exercises to address employee engagement issues
- Develop and enhance training content and technique to ensure that learning objectives meet training requirements
- Facilitate and train multiple, diverse courses for large/small groups including other trainers
- Facilitate classroom interactions to ensure optimum engagement levels from participants
- Identify and recommend new and novel training approaches and modalities
- Implement most effective instructional approach via virtual instructional led training (VILT) or instructional led training (ILT)
- Leverage Navy Federal Learning Center (NFLC) to communicate programs; register participants; track attendance,
participation, assessments; and monitor class workshops/simulations/eLearning offerings
- Liaison between product owners and operations to maintain a consistent focus for a variety of initiatives using
diverse communication methods
- Manage preparation of training materials, resources and course content from conception through production
- Plan, coordinate, manage & deliver (technical, soft skill, skill builder and/or member service) training programs
may also include ad hoc training
- Respond to and resolve training related issues and inquiries
- Track, measure, evaluate, analyze and provide feedback on the effectiveness of training programs and/or trainee
performance to ensure learning objectives are achieved
- Train employees on the concepts, products, policies, procedures and equipment used in the position
- Assist in determining user requirements, appropriate workflows, and other system requirements
- Conduct leadership presentations and/or training for various groups including executive leadership
- Conduct research and analysis of requirements and processes
- Identify and develop recommendations for business process improvement
- Measure, develop, mentor and counsel trainees
- Serve as liaison regarding program compliance, procedures and training issues
- Serve as subject matter expert regarding business functions, systems, policies and/or procedures
- Set performance standards and expectations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, business, communication, behavioral sciences, training development or related field
or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
- Ability to adapt to fluctuating work-flow
- Ability to compile, organize and present information clearly and concisely
- Significant experience in classroom instruction and/or facilitation for individuals or groups
- Significant experience in working and participating in cross-functional, multi-dimensional teams and projects
- Expert knowledge of instructional theories, educational psychology, educational theory, tools and resources
- Advanced database and presentation software skills
- Advanced organizational, planning and time management skills
- Advanced research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Advanced skill capturing and translating processes and requirements into easily understood terms
- Advanced skill collaborating with various external and internal technical and/or functional contacts
- Advanced skill communicating with all levels within an organization
- Advanced skill in assessing organizational training needs and researching topics for course development
- Advanced skill in building strategic and execution-focused plans and alliances with partner leadership
- Advanced skill interacting tactfully and effectively in difficult situations
- Advanced skill to successfully influence, lead and/or guide others towards goals
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Effective skill guiding and training less experienced staff
- Effective word processing and spreadsheet software skills
- Expert skill speaking and/or presenting in front of groups in a professional setting
- Experience in multi-media training
- Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs, policies and procedures
- Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal’s functions, philosophy, operations and organizational objectives
- Advanced knowledge of banking/financial industry standards and practices
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 4:30PM (With occasional evenings and weekends. Travel up to 75% of the time.)
Location: Must be within commutable distance to any branch at one of these locations listed: Dallas TX, Houston TX, San AntonioTX and Killeen TX.
18709 Brookhurst St. Fountain Valley, CA 92708 | 3340 NW Randall Way, Silverdale, WA, 98383 (branch business partner space) | 9999 Willow Creek Road San Diego, CA 92131 (4 days per month on site)
Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report on-site 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting on-site will ultimately be determined by the employee’s leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and on boarding process.
Salary Range: $23.50 – $38.50 hourly
Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Posting End Date: 01/16/23
Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.