As a Transmission Outreach Forester with ECI, your office is the great outdoors! We keep the lights on anywhere there is a power line – whether in the city, the rural countryside, or deep in the remote forest. As an ECI Forester, you will keep communities informed about the trees and power lines while ensuring safe delivery of their power.
Some of the most important characteristics of ECI Transmission Outreach Foresters is that you are open-minded and able to engage in safe, constructive interactions with the public. You are accountable for advancing a culture of safety and excellence while providing quality and value to our customers and clients.
Pay Range for this role is $20-$25 per hour, depending on experience and certifications.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Industry competitive pay.
- Company vehicle with fuel card to take to and from home & work.
- Medical/Health/Dental/Vision/AFLAC/Vacation Accrual/Paid Holidays/EAP eligibility on day one of employment (Full-Time Employees).
- 401K, life insurance, long-term disability eligibility first of the month after 3 months of service.
- Sick Time eligibility on day 90 of employment.
- Weekly pay checks and direct deposit.
- Participation in Employee Referral Program (must meet eligibility requirements).
- Boot and clothing program (company funded).
- Ongoing training and assistance with obtaining industry certifications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Communicate daily with the utility client, contractors, landowners, and the public. Performing duties in a manner that will promote and maintain good public relations.
- Identify incompatible vegetation, wetlands & sensitive areas to secure proper access, outreach and work completion.
- Secure clearing agreements for rights-of-way where necessary, mitigate customer complaints related to scheduled or completed pruning, assist in storm and emergency situations, and other miscellaneous line clearance projects.
- Communicate daily with the utility client, contractors, landowners and the general public. Performing duties in a manner that will promote and maintain good public relations.
- Support performing pro-active property owner outreach in person at property or other designated location.
- Respond to property owner inquiries in a timely manner (max 2 business days).
- Create, maintain, and ensure fulfillment of the Non-Regulatory Commitment Matrix to be discussed at Project Meetings and at meetings with all field contractors.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Tree identification and physiology knowledge.
- Six months or more prior UVM experience.
- Must have strong problem solving and multi-tasking abilities and show attention to detail.
- Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain.
- Bi-Lingual speaking (English and Spanish) is a plus.
WHAT WOULD BE AMAZING TO HAVE:
- Associate/Bachelor degree in Environmental Science, Construction or military experience preferred.
- SWPP/SWPPP (Storm Water Protection Plan/Storm Water Pollution Protection Plan) experience a plus.
- Transmission system operations experience preferred.
- Transmission Vegetation Management objectives a plus.
- Tree work methods and equipment experience a plus.
- Ability to exhibit strong interpersonal and customer-focused communications skills.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN ECI FORESTER:
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills, and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The team member must have sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk up to 10 miles per day, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand, arm and shoulder movement in the performance of daily duties (e.g., forcefully beat down brush); carry, push and/or pull light to heavy amounts of weight, frequently lift up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 60 lbs. (sandbags); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, fyrake, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone.
Environmental Consultants (ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including: forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. For more information visit our website www.eci-consulting.com
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA : Minority/Female/ Vets/ Disabled.