- You must be a U.S. citizen & meet specialized experience to qualify
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- Required documents must be submitted by the closing date.
- Direct Hire Authority will be used to fill this position
Conditions Of Employment
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD: This position involves travel. A government contractor-issued travel card will be issued and must be retained for official business only.
- PCS/RELOCATION/RECRUITMENT: Permanent Change of Station (PCS), Relocation, and Recruitment Incentive authorization varies by position/selection.
- PROBATIONARY PERIOD: Applicants may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the specialized experience requirements.
To Qualify For The Grade 12, You Must Have At Least One Year Of Experience Equal Or Equivalent To The GS-11 It Must Include
- Experience in working with ocean carriers, third party logistics providers, railroads and/or trucking firms and developing alternative solutions to transportation challenges including developing strategies that will create demand for marine highway services and overcoming economic and infrastructure challenges and integrating marine highway service into the nation’s transportation system.
To Qualify For The Grade 13, You Must Have At Least One Year Of Experience Equal Or Equivalent To The GS-12, It Must Include
- Experience with labor contracts and practices, operation and cost analysis, finance, information systems and technologies for identifying and tracking cargo and vehicle movements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Transportation-Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including costs and limits.
- Written Communication-Writes in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner for the intended audience.
- Oral Communication-Makes clear and convincing oral presentations. Listens effectively; clarifies information as needed.
- Negotiation-Works with others towards an agreement that may involve exchanging specific resources or resolving differences.
- Organizational Awareness-Knows the organization’s missions and functions; and how its social, political, and technological systems work and operates effectively within them; this includes the programs, policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the organization.
For all types of consideration, experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
For additional information about applying to Federal positions, please click on the following link: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-policies/#url=e4
All applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
This announcement may be used to fill additional positions if similar vacancies occur within 90 days of the issue date of the referral certificate.
Qualified CTAP/ICTAP candidates receive priority and will be referred to the hiring manager.
- Help Help A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Opens in a new window Learn more about federal benefits .
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.