Title: Universal Teller- Financial Consultant
Location: White Ave Branch
Hours: Monday- Friday 8:30 AM- 5 PM
The purpose of this position is to process members’ requested financial transactions, resolve problems, and answer questions; and to identify and suggest financial services that would improve our members’ lives. Provides prompt, professional and courteous support and assistance to internal departments, retail branches and members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides friendly, responsive service to all members; cultivates and maintains appropriate relationships with members and co-workers; abides by UT Federal Credit Union’s Global and Departmental Service Standards and encourages teammates to do the same.
- Cross-sells appropriate products and services to benefit the member and achieves referral and/or sales goals set forth by the credit union.
- Maintains basic knowledge on all credit union products and services and related policies, procedures, and rules and regulations.
- Manages complaints, resolves problems, and answers questions regarding UT Federal Credit Union’s products and services.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all member information.
- Within established levels of authority, efficiently and accurately processes members’ financial transactions, including
- Receiving, inspecting, and verifying cash and negotiable instruments for deposit,
- Processing account withdrawals,
- Accepting loan payments,
- Processing wire transfer requests,
- Issuing replacement debit cards,
- Issuing gift cards and travel cards,
- Processing credit card cash advances, and
- Performing a variety of other functions as directed and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Within established levels of authority, performs member account file maintenance, such as address changes, etc.
- Appropriately mitigates risk through accurately completing member requests for stop payments and member disputes of unauthorized transactions.
- Efficiently and accurately performs beginning of day and end of day duties including processing night deposits, balancing cash and other daily transactions, and balancing and scanning checks, etc.
- Conducts basic vault functions, including balancing of the vault, Teller Cash Dispensers (TCDs), Teller Cash Recyclers (TCRs), Cash Drawers, Coin Machines, and Automated Teller machines (ATMs), as applicable.
- May assist with branch audits, including Vault, TCDs, TCRs, Cash Drawers, Coin Machines, ATMs, Checks, Travel/Gift Cards, and Instant Issue Cards.
- Assists with branch upkeep, including requesting supplies, preparing courier packages, scanning documents, properly preparing daily work for offsite storage, and shredding of appropriate documents.
- Actively participates in branch and all-staff meetings in order to maintain awareness of organizational issues and promotional campaigns; stays current on policies, procedures, and applicable regulations.
- Attends training classes to continuously increase job knowledge and overall job performance in order to provide exceptional service to our members. Takes initiative for personal career development and seeks opportunities to learn new skills.
Financial Consultants (FCs) exhibit excellent communication skills by listening to members’ needs and offering expert advice on products and services in a positive, friendly manner in order to build lasting relationships with members. FCs also exhibit patience and empathy and are responsive when dealing with members and employees. Successful FCs will be focused, well-organized individuals, with the ability to think on their feet. They will consistently achieve referral and/or sales goals by identifying products and services that meet member needs. Charisma, a team spirit, and the ability to work in a dynamic environment are essential. FCs are able to think creatively to find solutions and are motivated to take initiative as appropriate.
- Maintains the highest standards of ethical behavior.
- Maintains a positive attitude with employees and members, and remains flexible while focused on accepted practices, policy, productivity and effectiveness.
- Promotes awareness of the credit union mission and brand statement to the credit union membership.
- Abides by the Service Standards established by the credit union.
- Knowledge of financial products and services.
- Demonstrated sales skills and ability to meet sales goals.
- Has regular, predictable attendance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate professionally.
- Maintains a professional appearance in accordance with established dress code.
- Technological skills and knowledge, including computer literacy.
High school diploma (or GED); plus 6 months to two years’ related experience in a customer/member service, financial institution, or sales/retail environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to accurately process account entries and transactions, write routine reports and construct basic correspondence to communicate professionally with members. Ability to speak effectively to members and employees of the organization. Ability to read and interpret basic forms, credit union documents, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in situations. In certain circumstances, problem resolution may require considerable diplomacy while dealing with difficult people.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to speak and hear distinctly. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The employee is required to stand, sit and walk; sometimes to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. All essential functions are performed in an office setting. Temperatures in the climate-controlled office may fluctuate. Work area is sometimes noisy due to multiple member interactions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee may not be able to easily leave work area unless for a scheduled break.
The mental demands for this position include: the need to be alert to member needs, to be resourceful in solving member problems, and to be precise when updating member accounts. The employee must be able to deal with people effectively under adverse and/or stressful conditions, occasionally be persuasive, use judgment, and exhibit patience.