As a Utility Forester Work Planner with ECI, your office is the great outdoors! We keep the lights on anywhere there is a power line – whether in the city, the rural countryside, or deep in the remote forest. This is a production-based contract, so we are looking for energetic professionals who enjoy working outdoors, value the freedom of working independently and being rewarded for performance. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the rewards of a challenging profession, consider a career in vegetation management with ECI.
Some of the most important characteristics of ECI Utility Forester Work Planner is that you are open-minded and able to engage in safe, constructive interactions with the public. You are accountable for advancing a culture of safety and excellence while providing quality and value to our customers and clients. Successful candidates come from varied educational backgrounds in fields such as an arboriculture, environmental science, ecology, forestry, natural resource management, and conservation biology or experience as an arborist, plant healthcare technician, herbicide applicator, groundman, foreman, or general foreman.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Industry competitive pay.
- Company vehicle with fuel card to take to and from home & work.
- Medical/Health/Dental/Vision/AFLAC/Vacation Accrual/Paid Holidays/EAP eligibility on day one of employment (Full-Time Employees).
- 401K, life insurance, long-term disability eligibility first of the month after 3 months of service.
- Sick Time eligibility on day 90 of employment.
- Weekly pay checks and direct deposit.
- Participation in Employee Referral Program (must meet eligibility requirements).
- Boot and clothing program (company funded).
- Ongoing training and assistance with obtaining industry certifications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Inspect and document required work (pruning or removing vegetation) at customer properties.
- Resolve customer concerns and complaints related to scheduled trimming/removals and/or completed trimming/removals in a timely manner.
- Record associated vegetation work for later trimming and removal by a tree crew on a tablet in the field using specialized software.
- Operate system forestry computer programs and record systems.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with project leadership, auditors, utility clients, contractors, landowners, and the general public.
- Perform duties in a manner that will promote and maintain good public relations.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Ability to travel locally on a daily basis.
- Must be able to read maps and identify tree species.
- Must be able to identify required removal and trimming work in accordance with utility maintenance specifications.
- Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, strong problem solving and multi-tasking abilities and show attention to detail.
- Must be able to adapt to change.
- Must have basic computer skills.
WHAT WOULD BE AMAZING TO HAVE:
- Associates degree in Forestry, Environmental Science, or related discipline preferred.
- Prior UVM or directly related experience preferred.
- Certification as an ISA Arborist preferred.
- Familiarity with tree growth rates, tree response to injury, and hazardous tree conditions preferred.
- Prior experience with GIS software/technology preferred.
- Familiarity with vegetation removal, utility line clearance, and utility vegetation methods and equipment is preferred.
- Bi-lingual speaking (English and Spanish).
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN ECI FORESTER:
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills, and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The team member must have sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk up to 10 miles per day, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand, arm and shoulder movement in the performance of daily duties (e.g., forcefully beat down brush); carry, push and/or pull light to heavy amounts of weight, frequently lift up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 60 lbs. (sandbags); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, and traffic cone.
Environmental Consultants (ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including: forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. For more information visit our website www.eci-consulting.com
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA : Minority/Female/ Vets/ Disabled.