We are currently seeking a Utility Forester Work Planner to join our team. We are looking for an energetic professional who enjoys working outdoors and values the freedom of working independently. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment and the challenges of a rewarding profession, consider a career in vegetation management with ECI. This role is ideal for entry-level professionals looking to gain experience in the green industry, or for seasoned professionals interested in changing careers.
Some of the most important characteristics of an ECI Utility Forester Work Planner is a desire to learn, an ability to adapt, and a commitment to engage in safe, constructive interactions with the public. You are accountable for advancing a culture of safety and excellence while providing quality and value to our customers and clients.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Industry competitive pay.
- Company vehicle with fuel card to take to and from home & work.
- Medical/Health/Dental/Vision/AFLAC/Vacation Accrual/Paid Holidays/EAP eligibility on day one of employment (Full-Time Employees).
- 401K, life insurance, long-term disability eligibility first of the month after 3 months of service.
- Sick Time eligibility on day 90 of employment.
- Weekly pay checks and direct deposit.
- Participation in Employee Referral Program (must meet eligibility requirements).
- Boot and clothing program (company funded).
- Ongoing training and assistance with obtaining industry certifications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Inspect and assess customer requests for pruning or removals.
- Secure clear rights-of-way for new line and pole construction.
- Handle customer complaints related to scheduled pruning and/or completed pruning.
- Audit tree contractor s work for compliance with utility s specifications.
- Assist in storm and emergency situations and other miscellaneous line clearance projects.
- Assist in investigating and recommending future R-O-W maintenance requirements Operate system forestry computer programs and record systems.
- Communicate daily with the utility client, contractors, landowners and the general public.
- Perform duties in a manner that will promote and maintain good public relations.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Must be able to read maps, identify local tree species and growth rates.
- Knowledgeable about Utility Vegetation Management practices.
- Ability to hike ROW’s and drive for extended periods of time required.
- Must be able to work alone, outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, strong problem solving and multi-tasking abilities and show attention to detail.
- Must be able to adapt to change.
- Must have basic computer skills (Microsoft Suite).
WHAT WOULD BE AMAZING TO HAVE:
- Associate or Bachelors degree in Forestry, Environmental Science, or a related field preferred.
- 1+ years direct UVM experience preferred (or forestry combined with equipment and tree trimming practices).
- ISA Certified Arborist or ability to gain with 6 months of start preferred.
- Prior experience with GIS software/technology a plus.
- Being Bi-Lingual (Spanish) is a plus.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN ECI FORESTER:
Work alone in an outdoor field environment; vehicle and foot patrol of utility power lines; remote locations as well as urban, city environment; physical demands and travel from site to site, including walking/hiking on various surfaces including flat, dry, wet, slippery, uneven, rough, steep terrain, hills, and slopes; exposure to noise, dust, grease, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions. Reasonable accommodations, if available, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The team member must have sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a field environment; to walk up to 10 miles per day, stand, sit, and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time; to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, run, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp and make repetitive hand, arm and shoulder movement in the performance of daily duties (e.g., forcefully beat down brush); carry, push and/or pull light to heavy amounts of weight, frequently lift up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 60 lbs. (sandbags); to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; ability to verbally communicate to exchange information with public; ability to see and hear in normal range with or without correction; operate assigned field equipment, including handheld computer, range finder, fyrake, water backpack, shovel, and traffic cone.
Environmental Consultants (ECI) is a leading provider of vegetation and asset management consulting services to the utility industry. Successful professionals at ECI have come from a variety of backgrounds, including: forestry, arboriculture, natural resource management, biology, landscape maintenance, horticulture, nursery management, environmental sciences, geology, agriculture, parks & recreation management, urban forestry, geography, and more. For more information visit our website www.eci-consulting.com
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All candidates must possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
ECI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. EOE/AA : Minority/Female/ Vets/ Disabled.