R.J. Corman Switching Company is currently seeking Vehicle Processors in Tupelo, MS. Candidate will be responsible for driving new cars from the production line to the designated parking spot for transport and includes working inside a plant atmosphere. This position will include driving, plant line off, and a pre-delivery service where you check accessories and install as needed. The candidate will be required to cross-train, learn all aspects of vehicle processing, and rotate between job functions as needed. Must have an excellent driving record, basic computer skills, attention to detail and can work as a team. Extensive background and urine drug screen required.
Hourly Rate: $15.50
- Valid Driver’s License REQUIRED.
- Ensure working conditions are safe, and proper PPE is being used as required before starting any work.
- Safely drive both non-commercial company vehicles and new automobiles without causing damage.
- Follow all driving safety rules, regulations, and company rules, guidelines, and processes
- Safely work alone or as a team and ability to multitask in a time-sensitive plant atmosphere.
- Willing to work flexible hours – 4-week rotating shifts from days to nights and have good attendance.
- Ability to communicate well with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Driving, shuttling, relocating, and parking vehicles in various areas of the yard.
- Inspecting units upon departure and after parking for cleanliness and damage.
- Basic computer skills to input driver identification numbers and scanning accessories
Education and Experience: **Entry-level candidates are encouraged to apply**
- The ability to operate a range of vehicles in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of cars and equipment safety
- Ability to work as a team
- Decision-making skills
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness to cross-trains or perform other job duties as assigned.
- Requires constant standing, walking, climbing ladders, and balancing safely on equipment
- Able to perform physically strenuous work
- Able to frequently bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Able to enter and exit new automobiles without causing scratches or damage.
- Able to navigate and work in all weather conditions outside and inside a plant atmosphere.
Environmental Conditions: Must be able to perform specified duties outside in all weather conditions. A rapidly expanding company requires employees to be flexible with altering plant operating schedules.
Job Dimensions: Must be able to perform duties under direct supervision, when given general direction with limited discretion. Willingness to work flexible hours to meet customer and company needs.
Benefits: R.J. Corman Railroad Group, LLC is committed to providing its full-time employees and their families with quality benefits. R.J Corman offers the following:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance (immediate eligibility starting day one of employment)
- Company paid life insurance
- Voluntary life insurance, voluntary short-term disability, voluntary long term disability, voluntary accident insurance, voluntary hospital indemnity insurance
- Voluntary identity theft protection
- Flexible spending account benefits
- Paid maternity leave
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid time off (accrual starts day one of employment)
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K retirement savings plan
- Work boot allowance
- Employee referral program
- Annual tickets to My Old KY Dinner Train
R.J. Corman Railroad is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to a safe and drug free work place. R.J. Corman performs pre-employment criminal background checks and substance abuse testing which includes a urine drug test to detect the presence of illegal drugs. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping R.J. Corman a safe and drug free company.