275 East Main Street
FRANKFORT KY 40601 USA
If you want to make a difference and be a part of an exciting team, the Department of Corrections may have a career advancement opportunity for you! The Victim Services Branch is hiring for a Victim Advocate III position.
The Victim Advocate position is a highly responsible position within the Kentucky Department of Corrections. The ideal employee will perform all duties independently, demonstrate professionalism and respect in all situations and interactions, and maintain strict confidentiality. This is a demanding position that requires maturity, reliability, and self-discipline. Career growth is encouraged through training opportunities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in overseeing and managing the Victims Information Notification Everyday (VINE) system.
- Work directly with victims to assist them with locating information about their offender and answering questions they have pertaining to the offender.
- Travel the state to educate other criminal justice and victim advocate professionals on what the Victim Services Branch does to assists victims as well as promote VINE usage.
- Work with other areas within our department by providing training for staff on VINE and the EOP (Emergency Override Procedure).
- Work with jails to ensure that the information they are providing is accurate as it relates to VINE notifications and following the KRS statue on victim notifications.
- Process written victim notifications to inform victims of where their offender is being released to.
- Collaborate with other agencies within the community to ensure that victims have resources especially when the offender is incarcerated and to promote VINE usage.
- Manage our VINE promotional materials.
- Assist the Administrative Branch Manager in helping to further develop the services and scope of the Victim Services Branch.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Organizational skills and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent communications skills, oral and written.
- The ability to multitask a high stress situation.
- A positive attitude and ability to work well as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word and PowerPoint.
- The ability to adapt to the ever-changing needs of the Department.