Our team members include people like you – enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic. We believe that you’ll find our high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging and financially rewarding.
Here’s the impact you will make and what we will accomplish together
TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods is leveraging our world-leading technology and innovation to tackle one of the most pressing social challenges of our time – achieving more efficient production while lowering the impact on the environment. We believe that by delivering data insights and digital solutions that empower and connect producers to consumers we can improve the quality, safety and sustainability of our food and consumer goods.
We offer an unmatched suite of innovative solutions and purpose-built applications for every participant in the supply chain, from seed manufacturers and farmers through to grocery stores and consumer goods companies. Our solutions are comprised of the latest technologies that enable our customers to optimize their businesses with more accuracy, efficiency and profit and create unified, trusted and sustainable food and consumer goods value chains.
The VP, Integration & Operations Enablement reports to the President, John Raines, and will sit on the TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods Leadership Team.
As a key leader in the business, the VP, Integration & Operations Enablement understands the bigger picture of the TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods business and brings best in class operational capabilities to both execute and influence business decisions, outcomes, and results.
- Shape a culture where organizational performance is always top of mind. Communicate a vision, set priorities, and develop/ execute plans that achieve the desired outcomes for the organization.
- Define and manage project priorities in line with TAC’s strategy. Drive planning and accountability, and constantly raise the bar for expectations and ensure forward progress.
- This leader must be comfortable being tactical, solving problems but also thinking and executing strategically. Demonstrate deep understanding of general business operations, effective problem solving, driving accountability and outcomes, strong ability to influence others at multiple levels, initiative, drive, and structured analytical thinking.
- Shape an environment that encourages open communication and trust in which the project team is actively engaged and achieves objectives. Proactively remove barriers that prevent cross functional working and facilitate inter-team cooperation.
- Ensure tight interlock across work streams, communications, and change management initiatives. Establish a strong working relationship with stakeholders in TELUS.
- Demonstrate exceptional courage to tackle difficult issues with optimism and confidence. Share sensitive or unpopular messages in a motivating manner and with logical analysis, despite dissent.
- Lead cross-functional organizational integration projects to ensure on-time delivery within budget, achievement of key outcomes, no customer disruption, and exceptional change management for impacted team members. Enable decisions when trade-offs are required between the various stakeholders.
- Build repeatable, sustainable structure and processes that scale across the organization as it exists today and for future acquisitions. Design and implement best in class PAI across TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods.
- Identify and track key PAI KPIs to track and measure the success relative to key value drivers. Proposed KPIs including: financial metrics, operational metrics, cross sell metrics, cost savings goals, customer churn, team engagement, and attainment of key milestones.
- This role will initially be assigned to the Agribusiness business unit to fully partner and lead the Agribusiness Culture & Structure to a cohesive environment and impact accelerated improvement in Agribusiness culture (engagement scores) and financials (revenue growth & positive EBITDA). This work can then be scaled to our Consumer Goods business unit with commensurate integration goals.
- Lead PAI on all future acquisitions to quickly realize the value of such investments and fulfill our strategic imperative to go to market as one team, under one brand, executing a single strategy.
- Talented in setting aggressive goals and having high standards. Pursue everything with high operational rigor, energy, drive, and the need to finish.
- Be the expert on architecture, design, and planning to integration implementation and Start Right operations.
- Maneuvers comfortably through complex policy, process, and people related organizational dynamics. Navigates the complexities of the organization easily and uses knowledge of organizational culture to achieve objectives.
What you bring to this role:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Management, Engineering, or Finance.
- 10 or more years relevant experience in leadership roles, delivering complex initiatives with high cross-functional dependencies.
- Proven expertise developing effective, matrixed, cross-organization relationships, collaborating, and communicating across business and technology stakeholders and multiple geographies.
- Excellent collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate, self-direct, and follow-through with a high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated aptitude for risk identification and mitigation.
- Capacity to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Ability to influence both peers and leaders, to build consensus while dealing with ambiguity, and make or delegate decisions when necessary.
- Able to independently make decisions with urgency and demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Quick learner with new subject matter, relative to the systems and the business.
- Highly effective in ambiguous, complex environments.
Collectively, our talented team and integrated solutions uniquely position us to transform collaboration within the industry at a global level, empowering and connecting producers to consumers for a more efficient, sustainable future.
Everyone belongs at TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion for enabling remarkable human outcomes?
Together, let’s make the future friendly.
TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.