NextEra Energy Resources is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. We are leading the decarbonization of the U.S. economy with our goal to reach Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
Position Specific Description
Duties include the preliminary design of EV Charging Stations, including but not limited to
This position is responsible for supporting initial design of Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations for the Distributed Generation (DG) Mobility Group.
- Developing initial site layouts utilizing CAD
- Selection of appropriate equipment
- Management of external Engineering consultants
- Working knowledge of appropriate Codes and Standards.
Additional Duties Include
This position requires daily coordination with various departments (Development, Engineering and Estimating) to complete required deliverables. You will manage and be responsible for delivery of required inputs in support of customer proposals.
- Providing pre-construction project schedule, support in negotiations as required
- Perform due diligence review of customer proposed projects and updating/optimizing project designs (if required) to meet NextEra project requirements
- Provide regular reporting of status to management and Development team
- Ability to perform duties in a collaborative, fast paced working environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organization skills required
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills, extreme attention to detail and commitment to producing high quality work products
- Design experience of Electrical Vehicle Charging Station
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites (typically 20-30%)
- Excellent project management, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
Employees in this role are responsible for performing a broad scope of engineering assignments of moderate difficulty requiring knowledge in engineering-related disciplines.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides technical guidance to technicians or lower level engineers
- Conducts independent studies and analysis, and provides interpretations and conclusions
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s – Engineering
- Experience: 3+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Engineering
Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.